Thread: My Logitech Z 5500 speaker is not functioning properly

My Logitech Z 5500 speaker is not functioning properly

I recently bought a Logitech Z 5500 on eBay. Was used and was told that the subwoofer was defective, but the satellite speakers were fine. I cost £ 40.00, so I thought it would be a fair negotiation shaped satellite speakers. When I came to the subwoofer speaker is dead. When I tried to power the speakers until there was nothing no sound of power or anything. My questions are:
    1. Is there any diagnostic test or to see what might be wrong with the sub and if it can be repaired
    2. If you can notice that I can, I live in Birmingham, UK.
    3. If I cannot be repaired separately using satellite and how I can do that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Re: My Logitech Z 5500 speaker is not functioning properly

So I have a 7.1 channel idea x-fi Xtreme sound card and I connected to my Logitech Z5500. I already established my sound set to 5.1 speakers, but I still have trouble getting all the sounds to work. I've tried and played all the speakers accurately. However, when you actually put into use, only use a certain number of speakers. For example, when I play the music works just 6 channels, but only plays the 2 rear speakers. While I switch to the games, like the heroes of Newerth, all of the entry of works, apart from for a few channels that do not use all speakers. I cannot just use an entry that work with all the programs you use all the speakers?

The Z-5500 Speaker Systems utilizes a precise SLOBLO ("Slow Blow) Fuse category. You cannot utilize any fuse that is not listed for this.
    1. Other kinds of fuses will not exertion with Logitech speaker systems.
    2. The exercise of a fuse than a SLOBLO can cause the fuse to burn out right away.
    3. There is no difference between the electrical fuses glass and ceramic fuses. Both configurations come in SLOBLO.

Here I want to add something in this case. No, I have no recommendation on a separate amplifier. There are many people with vast knowledge of audio. So I hope you get some recommendations. Good luck and wish that the fuse is the trouble. You may as well want to seem into the male pins of the remote control pod plug and observe if any of them twisted. The control signal to twist them on is from side to side the pods cable.

I bought a new fuse and put it on the subwoofer. When I turned on the satellite to function well at work and hand position (which is the first time happening), but there was no sound of the sub itself. Is there something I try, it can be to work? I called Logitech and they utter that not any of their systems are repaired, it sounded strange to me and they do not provide divide pieces like the subwoofer, even if I required buying one.

So the fuse was burned as satellites and their connected amplifiers are functioning in the sub. I as well believe that the amplifier for the sub may have unsuccessful. The short circuit in the power supply which initially blew the fuse. Burned open for fuse replacement is underway. I have seen other reports Logitech does not work, provide some service or repair literature. I'll look around as I have seen some websites with photos indoors and up how to make a replacement driver for Z 5500.