Thread: Harmony 1100 remote versus Harmony One remote?

Harmony 1100 remote versus Harmony One remote?

Since our Harmony One dead (but out of service contract) has offered me a fifty present reduction on any Harmony remote from Logitech's online stock up. We liked our Harmony One lot, but I'm thinking in 1100 (for $ 250). As I have understood, the main advantages (of 1100 on one) are the RF resource capacity and a larger screen. What are your thoughts? Especially those of you who have owned both. Please post your reply.

Re: Harmony 1100 remote versus Harmony One remote?

I at rest use both and I am completely happy with them, every in its own distinctive method. The first three items safely. By 1100 the balance among the hard buttons and the display is healthy thought out and realistic. With IR Extender operation of two hands is a different and effective use of the 1100, but the controls to make the most use are the buttons hard to make one-handed operation is also eminently practical, with or without the extension. As the One, the 1100 is most excellent left in the base at what time not in use, so it's never a difficulty of battery depletion.

The entire Harmonys control the similar tools. The series of input settings is not an example of what is known as in some sequences Harmonys. It is part of the basic question of choosing any other Harmony universal remote. This is the beginning of activities, which are how Harmonys work and make them different. Input commands and output commands are automatically sent at what time you choose an activity. I hope this information will help you.

The function is of limited practical use, no configuration is required for entry, and is not likely to be added to 1100 - despite protests from some users, including myself! The reports of the reliability is improving from harmony one to 1100 are accurate. Logi website UK is very unreliable - a judgment of features something of a joke. As Harmonys can perform new automatic actions based only on those who have already done automatically, it is important not to use any other means of adjustment or input power - the original remote or controls on the devices themselves.

The Harmony 1100 has little pinches to its predecessor, the 1000, it may be necessary from the beginning. The general consensus is that it is much faster, not only in the touch response time, but also infrared transmission. Also is black instead of silver, a concept that I think many purists are still reeling from today. Why would anyone want your receiver, DVD player, or remote to be distracted with chrome silver is beyond my comprehension, but I digress.

The 1100 offers users the alternative to control the tools found in a closet or behind closed doors with the optional RF extender (sadly, sold separately). With the extensor apparatus that can be used as the IR Blaster connected together or individual IR emitters that are then attached to each single device to be controlled. The software utilized for the 1100 is what builds this tool actually shines. It allows users to plan their management of machines on a PC monitor with instinctive software that actually has a lot of tedious and frustrating moments that are often unavoidable universal remote installation. But let's get into the software at a time.