Thread: Logitech Harmony Remote screen turned white.

Logitech Harmony Remote screen turned white.

Last month I brought Logitech’s Harmony remote to control few of my home-entertainment devices. Recently it stopped working. I had put it on charging and after charging when I tried using it, I was surprised to notice that the screen of the remote had completely turned white and the power button in the upper left corner of the remote is also flashing. What could be the reason behind this unusual problem? Please help me guys.

Re: Logitech Harmony Remote screen turned white.

You said that the remote screen turned white after you removed it from charging. There is a high possibility that you must have overcharged your Harmony remote, which must have overheated the remote and burned or damaged some internal hardware. Check if the screen is damaged or not? For hardware issues I would suggest you to contact Technical Support to see what options are available to you.

According to me troubleshooting can help you get rid of this blank screen problem in your Logitech harmony remote.
    • First remove the battery (make sure it is not connected to the computer) and hold down the OFF button for few seconds to go to the safe mode.
    • After the Logitech logo is displayed you should start the Logitech Harmony Remote Software and login to your account.
    • Navigate to Downloads > Firmware and follow the steps shown to upgrade the firmware.
    • Connect the remote to the PC when prompted and click next to continue.
    • Click on the Update Remote once the software firmware is updated.
    • Finally unplug the remote and test it.

I followed the steps as you said and tried to reinstall the firmware by connecting the remote to my PC running Windows Vista. But every time I did so, I received error message which said that the steps had failed to update. The information was not send and I must check the connection and if the problem still exists I must contact the customer service. This is sheer disappointing now. If anyone has any suggestions then please say it because at this moment I am open for anything. I tried every possible way to solve the problem but was always unlucky.

The best solution at this moment is that you contact the nearest Logitech Customer Service or the retailer from whom you brought the Logitech Harmony remote and check whether your remote is under warranty or not. As you said that it’s being just one month that you brought your Harmony remote, your product is for sure within warranty. Hope you have got your original bill to claim your warranty. If you fulfill all the requirements need for refund or repair you must get it done as soon as possible. They will just ask you some questions about and send you another one.