Thread: 6-way Cable Pants for mic snake cable

6-way Cable Pants for mic snake cable

Lately I've been doing a lot more symphonic concert hall recordings with my parent channel 5 flown, and so I'm thinking of eliminating the messy set of five 100 'Dad microphone cables wrapped together and replacing it with an audio system Gepco 6 pairs cable. At either end, has to go on XLR connectors. I'd somewhat not have to go in a box of Bud and after that leave with individual cables with connectors. What I like to do is something like the relationship of the individual 18 "single microphone cables for Multicore and seal with cable pants. However, I've only been able to find 2-way cable pants. I have 6-positions to make this work. Do not want to do something with a wrap of duct tape. I would like to make it look built and consistent. Any thoughts to make a clean break, true of a six-pair cable every 18 "microphone cables with XLR connectors on the ends? It all ends in a grid in which 6 big diaphragm microphones are mounted at various angles. The Multicore be placed temporarily in the network structure and the individual wires are connected to each microphone. You may need to build three of these she will record 25 concerts at 3 locations this summer, in addition to five concerts per season at a local place. Trying to cleanse and simplify the configuration / packaging.

Re: 6-way Cable Pants for mic snake cable

Cable pants? What the hell are they? It's what they say "Levis" in them? Why not get the proper cable snake that has protected jackets separately for every microphone cable, after that put a big heat shrink around the surface edge of the jacket and do with it? If you wish to stop the ends from tangling with every other, after that place every wire via a plastic tube that can be purchased from your local home depot, but I truly do not see a trouble with barely half a dozen connectors. 24 channels or additional is justified. I think you're trying to do this too complicated.

In fact, not complicated at all. On the "Bud Box" which means box break, right? And you want a detachable interface with Gepco six pairs, right? Or permanent? I presuming a detachable. But I've never heard of cable pants, either, unless you mean lint expandable braided sleeving. It is made of nylon. Is to wear six pairs Gepco cable with XLR connectors attached. Slide the sleeve over the full cable, including microphone cable each branch of the 6 pairs, to the neck of the XLR which mate with each microphone cables.

Do not know how the strands of nylon will solve the problem starting with the passing of a thick Multicore cable Gepco X-Band micro five or six individual cables. My plan was to solder the connections to five of 18 'microphone cables, the Multicore, at each end that connects to microphones in the array or the MOTU 896 back stage. Trying to avoid a bulky box termination due weight and line of sight problems with the public balcony (this matrix is usually found in the line of sight between the center rows in the balcony and the woodwind section). Gepco cable is 0.5 "diameter microphone cables are about 0.250" in diameter, each. There are plenty of ways to do this poor soldering, then on the hot melt glue and duct tape. If I could find a 5-6 start to shrink to fit round the cables involved, could make a very good, serviceable system.

The snake cable is deployed at each end (18 "to bring the final microphone array, much shorter at the end MOTU). This has to be more durable than just shrink tubing through individual pairs were deployed from Multicore is why I am using the microphone cable and durable bond each microphone cable for each pair. If the weight and profile were not a problem, I put the whole thing in a grow box with terminal chunks inside to make connections, as well as pulls. I have a pair of weeks earlier than the first performance in Bridgeport, so I'm about to order the Gepco cable and other equipment. I have ordered a quantity of gold-plated XLR connectors, so far, but still working on resolving this issue.

I spec'd Multicore audio cable stereo and surround microphone setups in concert halls, and the best (and most low-profile) cable I've found for this particular application is the Belden 1900 cable series. For application, the 1906A would be great. It has a untested shield French braid presents the best probable shielding of analog microphone line, better than Gepco cables. Shoot N box is necessary; just finish the ends with Neutrik XLR. Put a 1 / 2 "shrink on the outside deck where separate single pairs, no need for pants. It is not necessary to link individual microphone cables to the shield Multicore; in fact if you do can you get in more trouble it is worth. I as well wish it does not set a bond in the case XLR, that's a huge no in my books. Maintain it uncomplicated.