Thread: Webcam driver of Sony VAIO vgn-cr515e for windows 7 needed

Webcam driver of Sony VAIO vgn-cr515e for windows 7 needed

I am running Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio VGN-CR515E but the motion eye webcam on it is not working at all. Can anyone tell me what should I download and install to get it back to working? Also, the mass storage controller is not working in this laptop. If there is anyone who knows any fix then please help me out because I have already downloaded and installed many things from the Sony website. Thanks

Re: Webcam driver of Sony VAIO vgn-cr515e for windows 7 needed

Can you try to open Device manager by clicking on the Start button and then click on Control Panel, click System and Security and then under System click Device Manager. Here check the status of the webcam whether any yellow exclamation mark is there next to it. If it is there then you will have to download and install the webcam drivers from this link - http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...mdl=VGNCR515EB

Re: Webcam driver of Sony VAIO vgn-cr515e for windows 7 needed

If the above doesnt work then you can also run the hardware troubleshooter and see if that works. Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.* Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. More information is given on this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...troubleshooter

I am on a Sony Vaio VGN-CR354 laptop and after formatting Windows XP on it I installed Windows 7 and started getting the same problem. All other drivers were updated automatically but not the webcam driver. I then tried to run its previous chipset driver and rebooted the laptop and now the webcam started working itself and it also shows under the imaging devices.