Thread: Altec Lansing 5.1 subwoofer not functioning

Altec Lansing 5.1 subwoofer not functioning

Hello guys, yesterday I bought a new Altec lansing 5.1 and creative sound blaster soundcard. But I am facing problem with it the subwoofer is not working properly. When I arrange it to 5.1 the 5 speaker are working but when I used 2.1 setup then subwoofer is able to work with 2 front speakers. I am unable to understand this problem. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I try many settings but still no success. Please help me thank you.

Re: Altec Lansing 5.1 subwoofer not functioning

Hello guys even I am facing this problem. I try to sort this problem by wasting my whole day, but no success. Basically it is easily working with simple basic speaker, but when I try to connect with 5.1 then it’s not working after contacting the dell support finally they said me to contact with Altec Lansing product support services. So I don’t think so it will work. If anyone able to solve this, then please share with us. Thank you.

Hello someday before I was facing similar kind of problem but I successfully sort out this problem. I just make a setting with the jack connection. Please check your jack settings; many times subwoofer is not able to work because the wrong jack settings. So please check your all jack connection and after that test this with your external DVD or music player. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. And please let me know it’s working for you or not. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your reply. I try your settings and jack connection also with other DVD. But it’s still not working. Even I try to found it on internet about these video settings but still no help from there also. Basically yesterday I try t his with my friends system and its working with his system. So I think there is problem with my system. Don’t know but I am out of ideas now? Please any other suggestion. Please do reply so I can solve this problem. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello guys, are you guys struggling with this issue. Yesterday I make an internet search and from there I found something interesting. Basically I found out that I need to drop the advanced settings available for 16 or 24 bit and maximum megahertz (MHZ). And after that I played a song and continue dropping this until the subwoofer comes on top of. Even by using this technique my 2 friends solve this problem with their subwoofer. So try this I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Hello I follow your settings, but still same problem. I try something new I update my operating system to windows 7. And after that I try to use this Altec Lansing subwoofer but it’s not working. I try this with winamp and windows media player it’s not working with this. But when I try this with VLC movie player it’s working. So I am unable to understand this problem. Is there any problem with the music player or it’s a speaker problems. Any other suggestion guys.

Hello I think there is problem with your system audio settings. So you have to make changes in system settings. For that go to control panel from the start menu and form there go into sound folder and there you will appear a sound tab for configuring the speaker. Your audigy be supposed to configure several types of speaker configuration. If you still not able to understand, then follow the manual which comes with the sound card. I hope you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.