Thread: Files and folder are affected in external hard drive

Files and folder are affected in external hard drive

I am having an Acer aspire notebook, this is running with windows 7 ultimate 32 bit system architecture. The system is running properly with all of the installed programs along with the other specifications of the system, along with I am having a external hard drive which is creating a problem with all of the stored files and folder under that hard drive. All of them are showing as the shortcut icons, if I tried to access them from their desire place it flashes a message that the file is read only purpose. What should I do now to overcome from this problem.

Re: Files and folder are affected in external hard drive

According to me this is completely occurring for the virus file, which should be affecting your hard drive. So as per the problem there is only one solution is present to resolve this issue. Connect the hard drive and scan it fully with the updated antivirus program, if there is any virus affects the drive, then this process will surely works. This is the only solution according to these types of problem. I hope this will help you.

As per my opinion which operating system you installed into the external hard drive, the problem might also be occurring for that one also. For that I suggest you to plug the hard drive into your system in safe mode and then check whether the problem is still occurring or not. Though apart from that if this one is not occurring for the virus file then this will be resolved by reload the operating system, I told you this because I was also encountered similar issue in my hard drive after that when I tried with this process I get relief from the issue.

Format that selected drive where the stored files or folders are showing as the shortcuts, because few weeks back I had a relevant issue, after that when I searched on this I found that the problems I in the drive, I scan that drive but found nothing. So after that I simply proceed with the format option, it works great. From then still now whatever I stored on that specific drive, it does not create any problem with the execution. So according to your problem I recommend you this process.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, is might be occurring for a specific file like toolbar application or some of the other visual affect program, though I was also getting similar issue, after that when I searched I found this one as a cause. So I recommend you if there is any files is stored in your hard drive which is a graphics program or unknown to you then remove that one., it hopefully help you.