Thread: Computer shutdown when USB is connected to it

Computer shutdown when USB is connected to it

Hello, I am having some of the problem in the computer when I am connecting an USB device to it, the problem is that the computer is not able to be in stable mode, as it just shut down when I connect any of the USB device to it, the operating system that I am using is windows 7, and when I contacted the windows technician they provided the solution of updating the Bios of the computer, but the problem is that I don’t know how to update the bios, also I feel that the problem is some other section which is not been explored till now.

Re: Computer shutdown when USB is connected to it

I was also facing with this kind of the problem and it was really annoying as the computer was just getting shut down as soon as I was inserting the USB device. So I just restarted the computer and updated all the driver that was related to USB and also the power supply which was old was replaced and I tried to connect the USB device to it, and the computer was working in a proper manner, so just try to update the driver and see if it is working or not.

The problem may be in the cable which is used to connect the device to the computer, I have also faced this kind of the problem in it, but I just came out by changing the wire that is used to connect the device, as I was cheap quality and also it was creating a lot of problem in it, I was using an digital camera which I used to upload my picture but as I used to connect it, it would lead to reboot the computer, but as I used the same device and the cable in other computer I was able to perform all the tasks properly on it.

The problem that you people are facing is also faced by me. When I used to plug in my DVD player via a usb cable, it would turn my pc off without any warning. As it would not boot up after that. It will turn on and all the fans run and I can hear the HDD start to run but no video will be provided on the monitor of mine. I thought the DVD player was doing something wrong. I had tried a lot of thing like removing the ram, unplugging the usb cable from the slot, but nothing is working for me. The motherboard power led lights up but the cant figure where the main problem is, so can you help me in getting the thing to be working right.

The problem that you people are facing has also faced by me; the problem is the computer is set to automatically reboot when some of the fatal error occurs in the computer, most of the error is been caused due to the USB drive or any of the external device. The only thing you can do is that you can go to the normal website of the manufacture and get all the up to date driver, also the best thing to do is to bring the device which will be a normal one and also to connect the device which will not create any of the error in it.