Thread: HP flash drive does not recognized

HP flash drive does not recognized

Right now I am using a 4G flash drive of HP it was working fine. Now unexpectedly not recognized on any computer I've tried. I tried it in Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. It Shown under Device Manager beneath "another Devices" such as a USB drive with a yellow flag on it. If I seem at properties it says that the drivers for this tool are not set up. I cannot find any drivers for this on the web. I've tried uninstalling and then tried to reboot with the same results. I know which a cheapo is and I could barely scrap, but I see this as a challenge to see if I can save him. Any help and all help will be really valued.

Re: HP flash drive does not recognized

I read your entire problem which you posted on the same forum but I would like to suggest you and sorry for saying that if you tested your flash drive on multiple computers and not being detected then your flash drive of HP may be failed. As you said that you tested it on windows vista and on many operating systems, then all point clearly say that your flash drive is damaged. Now only one option you have right now and that is you have to buy a new flash drive.

As you said your flash drives not detected then I have one suggestion for you that are you formatted your drive before. If not, then try to format it. You can use command prompt to format your flash drive. I had similar kind of problem as you have. And in my case when I formatted it properly, then my problem solved. And you can use any better software also to format your flash drive. First try it then see it will detect or not. I hope after tiring this you would able to solve your problem.

I read your problem on the same forum and then I contact my friend to ask this problem’s solution, because I never see this kind of problem with my HP flash drive. And he suggested me that it may be happens because of virus attack. I would like to tell you that you have to use any better antivirus for this such as Norton. It is one of the better software of antivirus. And you can use any other antivirus also. You can download this easily from internet, theirs many alternative present on the net.