Thread: Optiarc DVD is not detected

Optiarc DVD is not detected

Hey friend I need quick help from your side. So please help me actually my DVD/CD ROM don't work. And in that device Manager shows a "!" on to the DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE.
    • In this the device status displays that this device can not start.
    • I have also updated the driver but also nothing helps me in this.
    • In this I have used the Driver version-6.0.601. 18000.
    • I have provided the enough information from my side. So if you guys have any solution on this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Optiarc DVD is not detected

I have one solution after trying that you will be get rid from this matter. In this you have to just remove the affected filter drivers. And yeah in this you have to be careful while editing the registry. So to do that you have to follow this steps:
    • In that you first click on to the Start, type regedit in the Start Search box. And when it prompt for the admin password so provide that and tick on to the ok button.
    • Locate, and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • And in right pane you have to right click on to the UpperFilters and after that tick on to the Delete.
    • Tick Yes to verify the elimination of the UpperFilters registry entry.
    • In the right pane, right-tick LowerFilters, and after that tick on to the Delete.
    • And then exit from the registry editor and in the last you have to restart the computer.

Re: Optiarc DVD is not detected

The solution which is given above I agree with that but in this you have to be careful. Actually in this there will be many instances of the registry subkey which is mention in step 2. And after that you have to confirm that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before adjusting the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters principles. To confirm that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, and also in this you just confirm that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

Here about this issue I want to know that when was the last time your device works perfectly without any kind of issue? Did it work in a previous operating system and at the present after upgrading to Vista it does not or did it just stop functioning at all? And also I want to know that what will happen if you uninstall the device in the device manager and after that when you restart your system. Please tell me about it as soon as you can.

The last time I believe it worked was late Feb or near the beginning March. The kids only make use of it to download music and many other movies for the iphone and also for the ipod. And I have not upgraded my system on windows vista my laptop came with this operating system. I am also very worry about it so if you guys have any suggestion about the same so please help me as soon as you can? I will be thankful for this.