Thread: How to use a new Rogers cable box

How to use a new Rogers cable box

I got a new Rogers cable box and now I am planning to open it on the side of my house. Now if you look at my house then it is divided into two apartments but I am the only one living here. The coax cables on both the up and down stairs are separated from each other. So they both however start inside the cable box. So the thing is that I want to open the box and splice them together. I think I found the tool to open it but the issue is that I am not sure what I need to open the box.

Re: How to use a new Rogers cable box

I just had a look at your problem and feel that you should go ahead with it. According to my knowledge you can start with the process of working with Rogers cable box .I think that the tool should properly work for you. Or if there is some problem then you can call Rogers so that they will help you immediately. But whatever it is you should first start with the process of working with Rogers box.

I think that what you can do is you could open it and put all the gadgets together which will help you. If you start putting them one at a time then it might take more time to put all the gadgets in and may hamper the box. So rather a better solution would be to go for throw them together. But while doing so remember that you have a cable cord to go along with it. Also you need to know that the db might drop to low with the added load.

I feel that you should go ahead with the Rogers box. For me it is the appropriate tool if it has a proper locking terminator. This is now a days being wildly used and this is also recommended by a lot of technicians. But I just need to check an up close picture of the hole in the top of the box to be sure. Also you need to be careful that you don’t set it up inside with a splitter feeding .This may affect your box. And if you are thinking of going with a four active lines then you should always go with a four way splitter.

I just had a look at previous solution and feel that whatever is being suggested is correct and you should go ahead with it. But while saying that I feel it is a bit incomplete solution that is being mentioned. What I feel is that anything larger than a four active lines might need a less amplifier to compensate for the insertion loss of the larger splitter. Also you need to make sure that all your fittings are good and tight and you shouldn’t have any problems with it.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. I just went through it and feel that they have helped me a lot. I will follow the same steps to ahead with the while using the Rogers box .I was previously a bit hesitant while going ahead with it bit now I am quite sure that it may well work good for me. So I would once again like to thank you for your solutions and would like to appreciate you for all the suggestions that you have provided me as they have helped me a lot.