Thread: mouse over menu bar highlights black

mouse over menu bar highlights black

Hello friends, I just a purchased new computer at mine home and I have installed windows XP operating system on mine system. I have also installed the internet explorer and Norton antivirus on mine system. It was worked very smooth for me but form last two days I got problem with my computer which is related with my mouse I think. At what time I put my mouse over the File or any menu item such as Edit and View, etc. it goes black. Another problem the x button on Firefox tab is blue putting the mouse over.

Re: mouse over menu bar highlights black

If you are using a custom Firefox theme or topic of Windows then set back to default. is this only occur in Firefox or in any another programs also? What graphics card you has, and are you installed the newest graphics driver? If you are using Windows 7, do you have Aero enabled? To take a screenshot, put the mouse over a menu, as it turns black, then press the key on the keyboard PrtSc key on your keyboard. Open Paint, create a white image and push Ctrl-V to stick the screenshot. Save as jpg and join it to your next reply.

I have one question for you about your problem and that is, are you trying to modify the background color of the menu item at what time you however your mouse on it? If you are, then it is very easy to do on FF version up to 3.6 with UserChrome.css. Here the two things about what I mean the first one is my normal themes and the second one is change to red on however. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.

There are two things to check on. At what time you saved the file from the Notepad, the file style should currently be Cascading Sheet manner. The file wants to be put in the Chrome folder that is within the Profile folder. There might be a userChrome-example file in it (you can leave that as it is examples of code and does not get documented unless you rename it and take out the comment tags (/* and */) from the code). If it will solve your problem then it is ok.

If you got any proper solution then it is fine otherwise I would like to tell you that you have to go with the very common and simple thing and that is make contact with computer repairer or any engineer if you know to anyone. I think they can able to solve your problem because they are faced this kind of problem almost daily. When I got any problem then I always go with these tips. It saves your time and energy both. I hope this will help you.