Thread: Seagate 320GB Sata HDD freezing repeatedly

Seagate 320GB Sata HDD freezing repeatedly

Some time ago my hard disk started giving problem. I am right now using a Seagate 320GB Sata HDD. It is a new hard disk. I had just bought some 3 months. Last night my brother directly restarted the computer from main power switch. He did properly shutdown it. Now what is happening after that my system is working very slow. When I double click on My Computer it takes more than 10 mins to show the partitions. I think there is some problem happened in the hard disk. It is not responding fast. The red is always on and the hard disk shows that it is always busy.

Re: Seagate 320GB Sata HDD freezing repeatedly

First try to boot in safe mode. For that first restart your computer and then press F10. Keep pressing you will get a menu of safe mode. From that choose Safe mode and hit enter. Then remove unnecessary applications and run disk cleanup. Delete data which you do not required. You can perform system restore here. Run system restore and restore your old settings. Then again boot in normal mode and check back.

I booted in safe mode and checked everything but nothing happen. Still my hard disk is very slo. Because of this problem I removed the new one and right now I am using a old 80GB Pata HDD. I had connected 320GB as a secondary hard drive. So that I can atleast backup my data. But when I copy past it freezes. My data is also not getting copied. The entire system freezes. Now it is happening frequently. I tried this is in safe mode also. What to do next.

You had mentioned your hard disk is just 3 month old. Best you can do is get replacement. Go to Seagate service center and get a new hard drive replacement for that. But before that I will advice you to take a backup of your hard drive. If your hard drive failed completely then you might loose all your data. For that you can use any backup software. Safe mode will only allow you to deal with software issue, not with the hardware problem.