Thread: Acer laptop showing "Select Realtek audio device as the in / out audio device"

Acer laptop showing "Select Realtek audio device as the in / out audio device"

Each time when I start my ACER laptop it shows the following point to allow the swap of audio, pick the Realtek audio device as in /out device. At that moment a box opens having three option, playback, recording and sound. An audio device is put by default to normal mode. I am not getting what my laptop wants to get from me. I have install the sound driver again twice and my sound running well, but this frustrating note is shown still when I start my computer. I am having Vista operating system installed in my Acer laptop. If anybody have any suggestion please let me know.

Re: Acer laptop showing "Select Realtek audio device as the in / out audio device"

To overcome this problem. Please follow the instructions here. First make your default audio to realtek. From the start button go to start search option and type sound then ok. Click at top result of sound. Then click playback option from there. Make sure that it is checked on default device. For many users this is speaker. And you need be sure that audio configured as expected. This may help you.

Re: Acer laptop showing "Select Realtek audio device as the in / out audio device"

I would suggest you to click on the playback option first and select your playback device then choose button property and then go to advance tab then make it sure that your format is put to desire value. Once you have finished close it and come back to earlier windows. Now choose configure from playback device and then see that configuration is put correctly. Then you need to click on OK button to save your setting.

I have somewhat similar kind of issue with my desktop computer. I am not finding solution anywhere and hope to get better result over here. I can hear the sound on my speaker perfectly. Problem is that when I put the headphone to front panel of my computer I don’t get any sound. There is no problem in my head phone because when I put the same headphone 5to back I can hear the sound. Earlier it was working perfectly. After the formatting I experienced this issue.

I have problem with my sound device in my desktop computer. I am not computer savvy. I have not much idea about the computer. I have installed the driver for my sound in my desktop computer. It installed perfectly without any issue with it. But when I play the song I am not able to hear any sound. If there was any issue with the sound driver it must show some kind of error. But it is not the case.