Thread: External Sony Multi-Card Reader is not working on vista

External Sony Multi-Card Reader is not working on vista

I am having a Sony All in one multi Card reader. This Card reader I got with my Sony camera at time of purchasing it. I had really enjoyed this device. It was very use full for data transfer from phone or camera to computer. I never experienced any kind of issue in using it on my windows XP operating system. I have recently bought a new desktop computer. This computer has windows Vista install in it. And in this system I could not find this card reader to work. So what would be the problem If you have any solution please let me know.

re: External Sony Multi-Card Reader is not working on vista

I have gone through your problem. I don’t think there is problem of your operating system. I have also a All in one multi card reader attached to my computer. And I have windows vista installed in it. I am able to use it very happily. From my point of view there is problem with your hardware device. So you should go through your hardware device to make sure where the problem is actually. As you said it was working fine with your old system then you have problem in your newly bough machine. Please get checked with your engineer.

From my point of view there may be the problem with either your multi card reader or your USB port. It’s not a operating system problem. So I would suggest you to check whether card reader is being detected by your machine. Means when you connect multi card reader to your machine are you able to see drive. If yes it means there is not a problem at all. Then there would be issue with your card you are trying to use in it. Because of the virus it does not allow you to open the drive. If is not detected you should check that whether USP post in your machine is functioning perfectly.

First of all I would like to thank all the people who have given his time to post on my question. As mentioned in the above post I followed the instructions. When attached my Sony multi card reader to my machine it does not appear on my computer screen. So then I decide to check the USB port. So went to device manger from my computer property. Here in the list of all the device I found that my USB port is disabled. So I enabled it. Then I connected to the system I now I am able to use it perfectly as previously.

Hello everybody I have also similar kind of the problem. I had previously installed windows XP SP2 everything was doing well. But after the installation of windows Vista I am getting issue with my memory card. I have used many tricks to overcome the problem but could not fix it. I am still not able to see the drives in explorer or my computer. But it is shocking that all the drive is recognized in disk section of device manager. Disk Management identifies the volume, but I am not able to do anythingin the volume.