Thread: External DVD+RW ATA device driver software not found

External DVD+RW ATA device driver software not found

I have dell R15 laptop. I am using this laptop since 9 months ago. Everything was working fine. I enjoyed this laptop a lot. Due to some reason I got the problem in my in my internal DVD WR. It is not working. I am not getting any light on this. So Now I need to format my PC for that I require CD ROM to install the windows operating system. But the problem is that this external driver is not taking driver software. It always show new hardware found. But driver does not install so I could not use this. What is the problem? If any solution please let me know.

Re: External DVD+RW ATA device driver software not found

I have gone through your problem my friend. You have not provided full detail in your question. Now at this stage I am able to solve your problem. Please let me know which operating system you are using. It might be case that your operating system does not take the driver because of compatibility problem. Which company DVD Rom you bought. Normally the DVD ROM does not need to install the driver externally it take automatically.

Firstly I would like to thank you very much for giving your opinion on my post. I am also aware of that operating system automatically takes the driver for DVD ROM. You never need to install the driver. I am having windows 7 64 bit operating system. And did not bought new DVD ROM I just bought it from friend. He has just given me the DVD ROM and two USB cable. No CD. He said that it does not need driver. But why it is creating problem in my system. It always ask that install the driver new hardware is detected.

This is not a big problem. I assure you that you really get the solution over here. As you said you are using the windows 7 64 bit external DVD ROM. I think it old DVD ROM may be 2 to 3 year old. Driver for the ROM come in it. No need to have CD of that. But,in your case this problem due to operating system. It is not finding the driver for the 64 bit operating system. So I will suggest you to go the official website of your drive and look for 64 bit driver. Try this. This will surly solve your problem.

Hello friend I have also similar kind of the problem like above. Device drive is not found. Earlier I had windows XP operating system everything was working perfectly. But after the installation of windows 7 64 bit operating system I am facing problem with my audio device. Display and Ethernet driver is automatically installed. But when I try to install the audio driver5 from the CD that come with the Computer. It does not work. Please help me.