Thread: How to put the hard drive back in the factory stock in Toshiba Libretto U105.

How to put the hard drive back in the factory stock in Toshiba Libretto U105.

Hi, I have a Libretto U105 laptop with me, recently I had done a partition in it, when I had first got this I put the DOS partition in due to which I had I had dual boot that is DOS and Windows xp in it. Due to which I had no recovery partition present in it. As this problem is been occurred I am not able to work any of the button in the DVD player and also it was creating some of the problem in the booting of the windows , this may be the windows media 9 which is been present in the lower version. The thing is now I want to install the windows xp and windows 7 into it, so because of that I want to store the hard drive in the factory stock setting.

Re: How to put the hard drive back in the factory stock in Toshiba Libretto U105.

Did you do any of the modification in the jumper on the hard drive, if you have done then it is not good as many of the time it will create the problem in the dual boot and also the normal booting, also keeping so much of the operating system present in it is not that good as it create conflict in it, if now you want to set it to the normal mode then there is a diagram that is present in it behind the hard drive, this will help you in getting the normal setup that you wanted. Try this and see the restoration process in the laptop of yours.

Re: How to put the hard drive back in the factory stock in Toshiba Libretto U105.

When you want to restore the hard drive in the factory setup then you have to first backup all the data that is present with you in such a way that it can be used after the restoring the hard drive in the factory setup, now restart the laptop and after the Toshiba logo appear then 0 or F1 or F8, once you have done this there will be the option that you will have click to restore the hard drive to the factory setup, now once you have done that the restoration process will be started in it. Now restarts the laptop and once you have done that see that all the setting is been restored to the normal ones and then keep all the data you had stored in the external hard drive to the normal one.

Hello, I have faced these kind of the problem and I was shocked when I tried to restore the setting to the factory setting, at that particular time I reformatted the whole hard drive including the data that I had kept as an restoration process, but once I inserted the operating system recovery disc I was able to retrieve some of the data, this thing only happened because of the presence of the recovery disc I was able to recover the data from it, but if you don’t have it then you have to call the customer care so that they will help you in getting the new disc that will help you in it.

Hi, I have heard that for the windows vista there is no legal free download available, so try to contact the manufacturer for getting the recovery disk that is available with them, so now once you have the recovery CD present in it then you can go for the restoring the hard drive for the factory setting, this is what I had done, because I was also facing these kind of the problem in it. Once the restoring process had done then the recovery process was done with the help of this CD that was present with me.

Hey guy’s thanks a lot I was able to do the factory restoration in spite of this complex structure that I had build, I had a cd which was very helpful for the restoration purpose in it. So now the hard drive that I am using is free from all the data and it is looking a brand new one, so this happened with the help of you people, so thank you guys for all the support and the time that had been provided to solve the issue that I was facing in it.