Thread: Mouse not working in HP xw6600 computer

Mouse not working in HP xw6600 computer

I have purchased new HP computer machine in the previous days. This is xw6600 hp model with wired HP keyboard and optical mouse. But now a day there is some problem in my computer. Whenever I was starting it firstly it glows a light of keyboard and mouse, but after that keyboard works properly but mouse does not. The HP mouse of machines immediately doesn’t glow the light and curser position not moved. Can you please solve that problem?

Re: Mouse not working in HP xw6600 computer

You had purchased very good computer machines. As per you mentioning you used optical mouse. You need to clean the small plastic lens which is presents in below sides of the mouse. Sometimes the dust particles are created on this plastic lens and optical mouse works on this lens basis. So clean your plastic lens and remember that clean it by using damp cloth or cotton swab. I think then your problem could be solved.

Friends you used wireless optical mouse. Sometimes what happing we are put our machines into some unclean areas. And after that the cable may be cut by some mouse animals. Then check whether your optical mouse cable may be cut or not. If your mouse cable is cut then you need to either change the mouse or may be change the mouse cable by some authorized hardware engineer.

You had purchased HP xw6600model computer machines with HP optical mouse. Sometimes due to the some viruses or unauthorized persons may be uninstalled the inbuilt driver of optical mouse. Firstly for checking purpose go to the control panel and then double click on mouse icon. It will show the dialog box which will display whether the optical mouse driver is installed or not. If it is uninstalled then install it with using proper motherboard CD. Try it for solving that problem.