Thread: Gaming keyboards under $100

Gaming keyboards under $100

I have created this thread to get the suggestions about the new gaming keyboard under the $100. Normally I don't like to use the WASD keys as I prefer for the arrow keys because I am used to it. But now I am looking forward to get the best gaming keyboard but in my budget. You guys must be having ideas about the gaming keyboards, Please share it with me!

Re: Gaming keyboards under $100

I did not think the return would have been so responsible in the world of peripherals for PC gamers. On the other hand, Starcraft 2 and the GDC 2010 should not be strangers to the phenomenon. So it's the turn of Razer announced its two new keyboards, and BlackWidow Ultimate. The dissimilarity lies in the existence of the backlight on the Ultimate version. In addition, two mechanical keyboards for enhanced sensitivity and they offer up to 10 profiles, a USB port and headphone / microphone, all in 475x171x30mm.

There are the usual keys to standard keyboard buttons and additional macros to program an unlimited number of shares and live as simply press two buttons, you can have 10 different profiles. Being able to create profiles is a real plus, because if you play several online games, the ability to switch from one to another very easily without going through a series of menu is a real timesaver. We also liked the presence of game mode that disables the Windows key and prevents the emergence of certain window in full in the game as often happens.

The keys are also mechanics, which greatly improves the response times of the keyboard, with an operating force of 50 g and a travel distance of 2 mm, it allows you to perform actions in your games more faster than any other keyboard. They are very pleasant to the touch and use, though they can seem a bit noisy, however it is understood that some reasonable standard keyboard are even noisier. BlackWidow The Ultimate also features a superb individual blue backlight for each button in order to easily visualize your keys in obsurite, especially handy if you play at night. You can choose between five different positions, varying light intensity.

A reference in the PC peripheral for gamers, we propose the Merc Stealth, a keyboard part in the black look more beautiful effect marrying well with the lighting proposed above. This keyboard has the standard keys plus media keys on top and not less than 34 clear buttons for gamers. So we find the arrow keys conventional side arms as well as many other handy shortcuts. Remained to ensure that Merc keyboard brought out a real added value to your gaming experience, including views of the order price of 80 euros.

Admittedly, this is not what is lacking in this very particular "gaming" but we must recognize that players are forever dissatisfied. SteelSeries therefore proposes a new keyboard, the Merc Stealth is designed for all PC gamers. On the one hand, there is a traditional keyboard with multimedia hot keys and the classic pad. The other on the left side more precisely, there is a keypad controls in the game for gum A collaboration with professional players, the buttons are programmable via the Z Engine software to optimize its how to play. This keyboard is as much for players in FPS, RTS or MMORPG. It provides basic profiles of 150 predefined sets. Note that the keys are illuminated in three different colors (blue, red or purple) on four levels of intensity. There is also a microphone jack and two USB 2.0 ports.

The Ultimate BlackWidow indeed takes the principle of the old keyboards with keys that each have their individual mechanism so that traditional keyboards have a single circuit on which rests a rubber membrane with domes which abut the keys. Mechanical keyboards usually give a better feel and are very popular among players. Thermaltake had also presented a range in its Tt eSports, but the BlackWidow Ultimate is the first to take advantage of backlit keys. The Ultimate BlackWidow measure 475x171x30 mm and a weight of 1.5Kg and will also be offered on a non-illuminated BlackWidow (not the Ultimate). Among its features we emphasize the presence of five macro keys, but also the ability to disable the Windows key sometimes troublesome in full play.

While unpacking the already bad surprise, the package does not emballeage new and everything is placed a little loose inside, the principal is good the keyboard is in good condition. About the keyboard in itself is a pleasant surprise, frankly I expected a lot worse than that, I just note for now:

1. The keyboard weighs very heavy (between 1 and 2kg)
    2. The keys are extremely legible thanks to a backlight that is perfect blue, red and purple (which tends more towards the pink). but backlight off in a dark room. (There are 3 levels of backlight intensity)
    3. Typing is very quiet for a nonFlat Keyboard
    4. The space bar is even quieter than a touch
    5. The pavement left for the game is very well placed, but I have not had time to test it ingame
    6. The hit certain keys on the keypad are the same material as the soft coating of a MX500 and I can not find in any unpleasant as noted by one HFRien
    7. By cons it will take time to adjust to the positioning of certain keys like del, ins, end, scroll up & down ... Nothing too
    8. The keys are spaced more than a standart keyboard, I think that eventually, even with practice, one must type less words per minute with this keyboard, but this does not prevent it No is not why most desageable.

I give the other complementary onfos after having tested more thoroughly for example games and drivers that I am trying to download on the official website