Thread: Switch between USB Headset and Speakers had to restart all the media applications

Switch between USB Headset and Speakers had to restart all the media applications

Previously I was using an analog headset, during that time it did not created any problem while switching between my headsets to speakers. Recently, after my analog headset did not worked properly because of which I had bought new USB headset. Now while switching between speakers and headsets I had to restart all my media related application such as Window’s media player, VLC player or the WinAmp player. Is there any way where I do not have to restart my applications?

Re: Switch between USB Headset and Speakers had to restart all the media applications

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your sound card drivers and headset drivers. For uninstalling following are the instructions:
    1. Right click on My Computer icon
    2. Select properties
    3. Select hardware
    4. Click on Device manager then this will open the list of devices
    5. Now select your headset or sound card
    6. By right clicking you can click on uninstall
    For reinstalling your Headset and sound card follow the instructions given below:
    1. Right click on My Computer icon
    2. Click on properties
    3. Click on hardware
    4. Click on Device manager then this will open the list of devices
    5. Select your sound card or headset
    6. By right clicking it select install
    7. Click on select file from location
    8. Select your drivers from the CD for USB headset
    9. Click on OK

Re: Switch between USB Headset and Speakers had to restart all the media applications

I have installed Windows 7 Operating System to which I have not yet encountered any problem yet so far. So finally, you can try installing Windows 7 as many of drivers are stored and easily available or accepted while you add your new devices to it. Windows 7 had automatically search for my USB headset drivers and loaded it. It already had recognized my USB headset while I plug it in. also, its new media player has updated settings that can be easily recognized when you switch between your headset or the speakers.

For Windows XP users who just want to solve this problem occurring into their system can search for the software on the internet which is easily available and of free of cost. You just need to type “quick sound switch software” on any of the main search engines been used. Then you need to install in on your system. This software does not require any setting for switching between the USB headset or the speakers you want to use. I just hope it works out for you too.