Thread: My Computer is Extremely slow after changing power supply

My Computer is Extremely slow after changing power supply

Hello everybody, I got a problem in my SMPS this SMPS making vey noise so I bought new SMPS I put it into my machine, after attaching new SMPS I am facing a serious problem in my machine. My system got very slow. Every program I run response very lately. Folder opens after a minute. So does not make me use my machine. This is making me frustrating. To overcome this problem I have attached my old SMPS to my machine again same problem. I do not get the thing why it is happening. If anyone have any kind of suggestion please let me know friend.

re: My Computer is Extremely slow after changing power supply

Hi friend I have gone through your problem. You have not provided complete query. At this stage I am not able to give you correct answer. Please mention what is your system display card, what is your power supply watt currently bought and what is the watt of old SMPS. What is your CPU, motherboard, whether you are using DDR2 or DDR3 RAM. What is temperature and voltage check this from BIOS and post on this forum. As per your provided information I can say it is due to variation in voltage of your SMPS.

Thank you for thinking on my post. I am using dual core 2.9 Gzh Intel processor, Asrock 945 motherboard, I have 1 GB DDR2 RAM and 500 GB hard disk. My computer temperature is shown 36 Celsius and CPU temperature is 33 Celsius. RAM voltage is 108 Volt. Everything was running perfectly before this new SMPS. What I have not made any chages to the Hardware. Why it is happening it really making me frustrate. Tell me, what should I do to overcome this problem. I have 450 watt SMPS and newly bought SMPS have 400 watt.

From my point of view you this is not seem problem due to the SMPS. Watt makes the difference. But not that much. It may be possible but you are saying even connecting old one you are getting the slow performance. Tell me one thing that has ever experienced the slow performance ever before changing the SMPS. You must have installed any software that are utilizing your CPU memory. I think problem would be due to the temperate. Because of heat also you are getting slow performance. So try to operate your machine in some cooler temperature and see you are getting slow performance. If not it means your SMPS is generating more heat. Or I would say to try another SMPS and check the performance.

From my point of view there is no problem in your SMPS. It is just a coincidence that after attaching new SMPS you are facing this slow performance issue. You should do the following thing to speed up your system. You should defragment your hard disk. You should also do disk cleanup utility and desktop and unused icon from desktop. Minimize the number of program that run at time of CP starts. Empty your recycle bin. Or you can perform restore option to go to earlier know condition.