Thread: Dell AIO 968 can scan but can’t print

Dell AIO 968 can scan but can’t print

Recently, there was a system crash on my computer and I need to format it. Previous I was having the Windows XP installed on my computer but this time I have installed the Windows 7. There is one problem I am facing with that. Actually my Dell AIO 968 printer is not able to print anything. There is no problem when I scan anything with that but when it comes to printing then it stuck at that point. I am not able to understand that what can be the problem with that and how can it be solved. If you have any suggestion that can help me in such condition then please help me. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Dell AIO 968 can scan but can’t print

I think that your printer is having some print jobs in the queue which are not processed and so it is stuck at that point. As a result of that it is not able to print the pages. My suggestion to you is to delete the print job. I don’t know the exact way to do that. So you will have to search for the procedure and do that. I am not saying that this is the only problem but it is one of the most possible reasons for this. I hope that you will solve the problem for this.

There might be some problem with the printer driver which is installed in your computer. They may be corrupted or not functioning properly. So, if you have the driver CD then install that from there and if you do not have that then you can download that from the Dell’s official site. I am telling you that this can be the problem because I have came across any of the issues like this where improper driver comes out to be the final reason for issue and installing the driver again solves the problem. I hope that this will do the same for you.

The first thing you have to be sure that the cartridge is properly installed usually it is the improperly installed cartridge that makes the issue to print and we just don’t pay attention on that. So check that, if the cartridge is installed properly or not. If you are not sure about that then just remove that from your printer and then install that once again to see is that works for you. Make sure that it is fitted properly to its place before trying to print.

The software that you are using to print may be buggy and so it is not allowing printing it properly. So just uninstall the software from your computer and install that once again. If you feel that the setup is corrupted then you can try to download a fresh setup and then install it from that newly downloaded setup. This is the best way to ensure that the problem is with the software or it is with something else.

To install a printer in Windows 7 age you need to check if the printer is compatible with that operating system or not. To know that you need to see the user manual. You then need to uninstall and reinstall software, but you should make sure you get latest software updates from the HP support site for windows7. Once you have completed the configuration of the printer then just plug in the printer on your machine.