Thread: Is the Wireless M510 a bad choice for games

Is the Wireless M510 a bad choice for games

I usually use a RX1000. I bought a Logitech M510 and I feel as if the mouse is a little leggy compared to when I play counterstrike RX1000. Am I not used to it or is the wireless mouse is worse, or is it because the mouse is heavier? I can exchange for a wired Logitech M500. Please, I am very confused. If anyone find any idea or any information about this than please without fail provide me. I really am waiting for your replies. So please reply. Thanking you…

Re: Is the Wireless M510 a bad choice for games

For First Person Shooters, I would not recommend any wireless mouse (except maybe the G700, I have heard good things about the delay of the clock input). Games that require making a quick and precise in order to do well is best played with a good wired mouse. Now, if I play FPS's important to you, I suggest you go away from the M500 (which receives rave reviews for the fast-paced game, of course, that was not what it was designed for). If you want to continue with a laser engine, a G5 will give the same basic form factor as the M500 with better gaming performance (and great features such as fly adjustable sensitivity). If you are eager to fritter a little more, the G500 is basically the similar as the G5, but more accurate and better button placement. If you are willing to go to an optical engine (and save some money), a MX518 is also a fantastic option that will still give a great performance in games and keep the same form factor as the others (but give up some of the good features of the G5 and G500). Do a few researches. Go through a few review sites. The most essential thing is to go to amass and put them all in hand. The best way to find out what is best for you. Or, if FPS games are not as important to you, then you can go with the M500 chorded to get rid of the entry delay.

I just wish to state that I just hoisted up an M510 because I needed a cheap wireless mouse to control the PC from the couch (my PC works as a desktop and HTPC) and hoisted this mouse through the door $ 21.18 at Staples today I'm surprised that is performed on par with my corded MX518. Only planned on utilizing the M510 for HTPC from the divan, but I ran both mice side by side tonight, and have completed a few online games and M510 is surprisingly hit scan feel better for aiming in Unreal 518 Tournament that no (but this could be due to the smaller ergo).

Not perceive any difference between the delay of two mice and I'm using a 21 "Sony Trinitron monitor at 100Hz and rapid movement of the mouse cursor around the desk to play UT2004 online immediately after each mouse the only problem found with the M510 is that sometimes when picking up the mouse to change position during rapid movement, seems to lose track a split second here and there (but not all the time), but I feel that this is due to optical laser over other then wireless cable has to drop the cursor speed set point to two notches from where I normally have set in 518 to give a similar feeling in movement speed, but definitely not. No delay at all in mice sitting here in my mousepad.

Here I just wish to add something. If your MX518 is a 125Hz polling rate, then t know what the hell you've been missing all these years, records the use of 4.6 to increase up to 500 Hz, once you pass the mouse polling rate standard cannot go back to wireless mice, I feel so ****ing lag / inaccurate in comparison (G-7 / mamba / G700 not included) oh and MX518 is one of the heaviest mice with cable, try a Razer abyssus next time.

In fact, I have been using the 250Hz polling rate with the MX518 for years. I used more, but only seemed to slow down mouse that is not objective or help with anything. Seriously, I cannot feel any difference in the delay in the MX518 M510. The main problem is that I think the normal optical laser technology with jabs suddenly lose tracking. It's the feeling that everything was suddenly losing its drive shaft at high speed and lost all his power forward even though you are pressing the gas fully. Despite a higher voting rate was a little softer, it did not seem to bring out the good that could be done in the game. Once I did a fresh install and forgot to change the type of vote and I realized that I never forgot the trick. I use a range of 17 cm to 22 cm of sensitivity depending on the game.

I stand corrected for the difference in voting rates. From the windows of my last installation I had forgotten to apply the overclock voting rate and had only been used for the standard configuration of 125Hz. Since then, I re-apply the overclock to 500 Hz the MX518 feels much smoother and accurate now. But that's not all right to fall back to the MX518 to the game - losing track of all time in Unreal Tournament was horrible with the M510. I've had two MX518 and I never, even once in recent years, made either jump or lose track. Not once, not ever. And finally, with custom DPI settings for the MX518, you can get the feel and the set-up much more to his own personal comfort zone for the standard settings of the M510's have too much of a difference between values .