Thread: Keyboard/Touchpad of DELL Inspiron 1750 Working in BIOS Only

Keyboard/Touchpad of DELL Inspiron 1750 Working in BIOS Only

I need help please. What happens is that my keyboard and touchpad stop working a year after I got my laptop right when the warranty has expired. I tried to load the Windows disk and try to repair, uninstall / reinstalled drivers, made the "flea power" reset, and have even formatted my hard drive but no luck. Basically, my keyboard only works when you boot, but the window after it loads it stops. I can enter bios and use the arrow keys and any keys. It's really irritating because I have called Dell about this situation before and he said it's a software problem and would have to pay to get it fixed because my "security software" has expired. Ended up working again and now it stops again and cannot get it to work. All I did was to shut the laptop down and the next day would not work. My laptop is only a year old and has had several problems since and Dell is useless when it comes to solving problems.

Re: Keyboard/Touchpad of DELL Inspiron 1750 Working in BIOS Only

I am also facing almost the same problem. Coworker off your computer and took him home. The next day, the touchpad and keyboard did not work. Both work in the BIOS and external mouse and keyboard work. I have tried to establish multiple restore points. Installed a previous driver version synaptec . What else can we do? By the way, I can use a USB mouse and keyboard, but what is the point of having a laptop when you have to bring and some extra keyboard?

I have "tried everything and even format my hard drive and remains the same. One thing I noticed was to leave the laptop and went to sleep without shutting down or close the screen, the monitor starts working after a day or two, but the touchpad does not work. Useless if I cannot take my laptop anywhere nice. I am very frustrated and I will never again for any Dell computer and make it known to my family. Please let me know if you find a solution and will do the same if I do.

Hi, I had the same problem with an inspiron 1750. The keyboard worked in BIOS, but not when Windows starts. I tried the trick of removing the battery, without success. I upgraded to Windows 7 (new full install) without success. I updated the BIOS and drivers, no keyboard output success. Took, replace small ribbon cables for the keyboard and track pad and it works now!

I have curious if this problem has just occurred or if some software changes were made to the machine. Could use a little more information. Is it under warranty? What I would do in your place is to remove the hard drive and put in another machine as a desk and take a look at the unit. Run error checking and have a look to see if all files are intact. Then I back everything. Since devices are FUBAR quotes, and USB does not work, I'd say it's possible something is seriously wrong with the laptop.