Thread: Logitech C510 Webcam microphone not detected in Windows 7

Logitech C510 Webcam microphone not detected in Windows 7

You might know that the Logitech HD Webcam C510 contain an integrated microphone. I have also bought the same model for my computer. My PC is running with Windows 7 Ultimate. I have installed the driver for this webcam but it didn’t install the audio driver for that webcam. I have tried several times but the windows 7 doesn’t seems to be installing the Audio drivers anyhow. The sound section of the control panel also doesn’t show this mic. When I looked into the device manager it shows me that there is an unknown device. However I cannot update the driver of that unknown driver. Can anybody help me?

Re: Logitech C510 Webcam microphone not detected in Windows 7

It seems to me that the driver for audio or Mic of the Logitech HD Webcam C510 does not support the current version of Windows operating system. Make sure that your system is compatible for that webcam. As you know there are 2 different kinds of OS and that is 64 bit and 32bit. The collision between the 32 bit applications and 64 bit OS and vice versa makes more sense in every edition of Windows OS whether it may be Xp, Vista or Windows 7. So you might need to check on that.

It seems to me that you haven’t followed the proper steps for the installation of audio drivers for the webcam mic. Go through the below steps to install the webcam Mic in Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Class Mode:
    • Go to the Device Manager and there find Sound, video and game controllers section.
    • Show up the Logitech Mic (camera name).
    • After that from the Device Manager menu, choose Action > Update driver
    • Pick Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then Click on Next.
    • Again select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install and Click Next.
    • At last Choose [Generic USB Audio] > USB Audio Device > Click Next.
    • Now the system will install drivers and at the end click Finish.

It seems to me that some of the files are missing from your computer. The files might be related to the system file or system configuration. There are 3 major inf files should present in the %windir%\inf and they are :
    • ks.inf
    • wdmaudio.inf
    • wdma_usb.inf

If these files are not located in that particular folder then use the Windows search utility to locate those exact files. Without the present of those files I don’t think that it is possible for you to install Mic drivers in windows 7.

Do you get any error while installing or updating the webcam’s Mic driver in your computer? If not then I think that you should try to install drivers directly from the internet. For that choose the Webcam audio device in Device manager and choose update from the Menu. Now a window will appear for installation. Connect to the internet and let the installer to choose the driver from the internet. If it can find any compatible drivers then it will automatically installs. Also check the whether you can select the microphone from the Logitech webcam software for C510.

It is a strange thing that the Windows 7 can install the webcam driver but unable to install its integrated Mic driver. Thought it seems to me that you were beforehand using any Microphone either with webcam or other devices. The previous installed driver might be affecting this new installation. You might have uninstalled those drivers but the registry entries still reside in the computer. Before the installation of driver just run the Windows update wizard and try it again.