Thread: Low video clarity from Logitech webcam on Windows 7 laptop

Low video clarity from Logitech webcam on Windows 7 laptop

I have installed the Quickcam Pro version 11 on Windows XP and it was perfect. I upgraded it and lost HD ability, and the fresh software has no method to regulate resolution. Therefore I degraded to v11 again. Now, I’ve got a laptop with Windows 7 32-bit. In that I have installed the new version of software and that is v13. It worked fine. When i use it second time, into Yahoo Messenger, the video call was out of focus. I should move the camera to get proper focus on the image. It was never happened before and I could not get the HD image from the webcam. What could be the issue?

Re: Low video clarity from Logitech webcam on Windows 7 laptop

Each and every one of Instant Messenger (IM) problems are moreover "IM" otherwise "networking" problems and these problems does not related to Logitech products. For this issue you will need to check in IM Help and Support web pages for more help. You might as well require contacting the ISP as well as "networking hardware" support team for help with these things if you want. As far as I know the barely completely supported video calling software is Logitech's individual VideoCall service. My personal opinion is you need to contact the Logitech help team for further help.

The foremost thing you have to carry out is to make out if your camera functions correctly while utilizng the Logitech QuickCam software although you not at all plan to make use of your camera this manner. If the camera does not job correctly here, it cannot be predictable to work correctly in whichever additional application. If the webcam functions correctly inside the Logitech QuickCam software, in that case your trouble is not associated to the webcam/drivers/software. The IM is not capable to capture HD video. Just check the updates for IM client.

The QuickCam pro software’s video capturing default is 150 FPS. This set was selected for the reason that Logitech senses that it offers the most excellent in general picture superiority with orientation to their RightLight/RightLight 2 expertise. With the purpose of record video at more FPS, The applications or IM must capable to handle this. However i think that sometime manual modifications of the Camera Settings is probable. Furthermore make sure that you have properly modified the resolution. Sometimes it may reverts back to its default FPS or resolution.

So as to obtain utmost performance from the webcam, it should be the barely device connected to the USB Port of the computer or laptop. If the USB port has already installed with bunch drivers or devices then it might cause as issue. As far as I know on Windows operating system, the obtainable streaming formats are I420 as well as RGB24 while the camera is utilized through the Logitech UVC driver. By way of the Microsoft UVC driver integrated into Windows, the native YUY2 as well as MJPG formats are exported in its place.

First of all, you have to conclude if your IM is detecting the camera. If it is, in that case you are semi way there. Majority of you do not appear to contain this trouble. If you do, and you include a "TV tuner" card in your computer it must be disabled, otherwise "turned off", by the use of Vidcap32. If this not the case, then you must attempt re-running the IM's "Camera Detection Wizard" to detect the webcam once again and make necessary changes. Be conscious that while you are into a video chat, your computer is exposing 2 audio and2 video streams, not single, like it would be while you are just utilizing QuickCam to capture video. That's double the work that it would "usually" execute in this circumstances.