Thread: C910 compatibility issues in flash while on a Mac system

C910 compatibility issues in flash while on a Mac system

I have a Mac system which has Mac OS 10.6.6 have most recent version of flash installed and cannot seem to work on my web pages using flash. Various web browsers which I had tried are safari, Firefox and chrome and still the problem persists on all of them. My cam works fine with yahoo, ichat, msn and Skype application. I got my old cam to work in flash without any issues or problem. Also, I made sure of all the settings were correct for C910 cam. When I had selected the cam and microphone in the flash setting, my cam is recognized. The microphone portion seems to work too fine, but the phone does not. My cam is not recognized through Adobe. Is this an Adobe problem that I should contact them about? Kindly give suggestions.

Re: C910 compatibility issues in flash while on a Mac system

To make your Logitech camera work in an IM. If there is any problem using IM then are only two problem which is in networking problem or the IM problem. That is the reason that you need to work out on that for your issues. For this update your system with updated software and solved your networking issues. The only supported video conferencing software is from Logitech owned VideoCall service. Kindly download it and install it into your system. Please make sure you have installed latest updated software.

If it is not working fine while working with it on skype then following are the ways you can remove issues regarding your cam:
    Step 1: microphone volume decreases to zero during a conversation
    Step 2: Open skype
    Step 3: Go to Tools
    Step 4: Go to Advanced
    Step 5: Click on the text “Manage Other Program's Access to Skype”. This will open another window
    Step 6: If you see “Communication_Helper.exe” being listed, then click on it.
    Step 7: Click on “Deny Access”. As the communication helper should not be active in order to use the cam with IMs
    Step 8: which means it is OK for the "Select video calling application" box to say "None detected"

Your cam might have some hardware issues which can be solved by using separate USB controller where two or more devices having insufficient bandwidth. If your Internet connection drops when you turn on the camera which happens when your broadband modem is connected to your PC by USB. And both the broadband and camera are on the same USB controller. This issue is simply because of the two high bandwidth devices overloading the USB bus. This can be done by using separate USB controller.