Thread: Need a replacement for G15 v1 keyboard backlighting

Need a replacement for G15 v1 keyboard backlighting

Well I am thinking of replacing the backlighting of my system. I have made a thorough check of the system and it appears that all the led lights of the system have gone and hence I thought of the replacement of the led’s. So I wanted to know from you all so that I get some knowledge of the combination that can be used here for the type of the led’s in my system. So anyone of you have any idea of the combination of the led’s to be used in my system. Then do reply to me as early as possible.

Re: Need a replacement for G15 v1 keyboard backlighting

I just had a look at the system and thought of doing some construction work. I saw that all the boards are being placed in the thin plastic PCB sheet and hence I think it is very difficult to get it replaced. It can be best compared to the thickness of the construction paper and hence I think it is very difficult to get it replaced. So that’s what my opinion on this topic. I think you have got enough information on that topic. In case if you have any other doubt then do clear it out here.

No, I don’t think so the board’s thickness can be compared with the thickness of the construction paper. I have seen it and the thickness of the boards is almost 10 times as that of the construction paper. Well I did have a look at some of the forums and there they have asked us to replace the keyboard. Why should we replace the keyboard if there is some problem with the boards we can easily replace the led boards as I will be doing it soon. So anyone else who have tried with the replacing of the led board then do let me know about it.

I just had a close look at the keyboard by removing the ribbon off, and separating the two pieces of keyboard. On having a close look at the led boards of the keyboard I observed that there are around 30 led boards that are placed and all of them are very close to each other. So unless you are a expert in removing each and every board you cannot do it practically. So this is what the difficulty you face while removing it. So unless you are a expert you cannot go ahead with the operation. That’s my view on this topic. I hope you are clear with all the suggestions.

Well there’s a great news for you all I did have a look at a particular guide and there was a good step by step details given there. So I would advise you all to have a look at the various guides that are being published by the various websites and they will give you the exact information on the replacement. So for the replacement what you will have to need is the desoldering braid, a soldering iron, and some 3mm 3.5v LED's. The led boards you can easily get it from the ebay online store and hence you are done. As of now I am very happy that the backlight of my keyboard is working well.

One of my friends has just now completed with the replacement of the led boards and let me tell you the result was nothing to cheer of. He got the blue color led light and after the replacement the lcd screen has almost become unreadable. There is nothing much that is seen in the display. So I think it is a very bad idea to get it replaced and it would be better if you can get it replaced. So that would be the better option for you. So do consider that option it would be of much help for you.