Thread: LCD manager causing device connect sound while booting

LCD manager causing device connect sound while booting

I am having this problem from quite sometime and the thing is that the culprit is the LCD Manager 3.04.143 which is there in my system. I have a orange G15 keyboard and I run windows vista in my system and while some time ago when I was booting the system it gave me a new device connection sound and on checking there was no connection either. In the past when I had the LCD Manager 3.02 it did not gave me any problem, so I think the new version is the one to be blamed. So anyone else who have faced this similar type of problem or have faced this problem earlier then do let me know about it.

Re: LCD manager causing device connect sound while booting

Well to answer this query I need to know something from your side. So is the device running perfectly when the connection is established? Does the connection establish when you remove the particular software i.e lcd manager from the system? I suppose you may not be having many entries under the keyboard in the device manager because your keyboard is the G15 and not the g9x types. So do answer all my queries where I have given here and let me know as early as possible.

Yes I would like to answer all your queries. Responding to the first query the answer is yes the device does runs perfectly well while the connection is established. Regarding your second query the device connection sound does not occur while the software is uninstalled from the system. Now regarding the third query I get as many as 3 entries and all of them are mentioning the HID Keyboard Device. So I suppose you have got all the information here and I think that will help you in solving my query.

I would advice you to update the windows as well as the bios/ motherboard update would be a good idea in your case. So do try with that and let me know if you are able to get the solutions perfectly. Have you tried running in the safe mode? If it is running perfectly then there must be any software conflict that is causing the problem. So as of now you try with the suggestions that I have listed here and do get back to me as early as possible.

I think there is new version of the software that is available and that is the version 3.06 I think your problem will be better solved by that. It’s a new version that is available and I suppose that will do t he trick for you. The links for the upgrading of the software can be available in any of the Logitech websites download and install it in the system and try booting. See if it is giving you the problem here as well. So do try it and let me know.

Yes, I did have a look at the version 3.06. I just recently installed it in my system and it is giving the same problem here as well. As the above user said there was no problem in the version 3.02 even in my case it used to not give any sounds while booting using the version 3.02. after I upgraded to the version 3.04 and also now the version 3.06 it is the same problem that I am getting to see here. So anyone who can help me here as well then do give some good advice for me as I am in a need of good solutions.

According to me you must disable the following listed services if you are using the lcd manager 3.04 in the system and then start with the booting of the system the new connection sound will not appear again. The following are the list of programs
    1. Logitech G-Series Scripting Display
    2. Logitech G-Series Key Profiler
    3. G-Series Profiler Selector
    So do try disabling them and I am sure that it will help you in the process.