Thread: Logitech G510 Key combination is not working

Logitech G510 Key combination is not working

I hope you have understood the problem reading this particular title. Well the problem is that I am finding some difficulty working on the different key combination of the keyboard. Especially with the SHIFT, UP ARROW, LEFT ARROW combination here the left arrow fails and also in the SHIFT, LEFT ARROW, UP ARROW combination here up arrow fails. However one thing to note here is that SHIFT, UP ARROW, RIGHT ARROW combination is working fine only the left key is not responding well. Please do come and suggest me some good solutions here because it is becoming increasingly difficult to play any game in my system as well as while writing any text whatever text that I have to select I cannot do that also. So I suppose you have understood the problem that I am trying to explain here. So do suggest me some good solution as early as possible.

Re: Logitech G510 Key combination is not working

I think you must try with the delaying of the time while you are trying to start with any of the key combination of the keyboard. I mean when you press shift key leave some time say 0.3 sec is enough then go with the up arrow (delay 0.3sec) and then after that left arrow key. I think this tactic will be of very much use to you. So do try that and I am sure that it will definitely help you in the process. So do try that and let me know if that works or not.

Sorry to say but I have tried with your above said method and sadly it is not working in my case. So can you suggest me some other solutions for me. I have also tried with both the shift keys and have kept the sufficient space between to ensure that all the keys are being pressed while I am trying the combination but that method did not prove to be of any use to me. So I thought it is better to not make use of that method as it is not giving me any method. Any other alternate method that you have such that it will help me in sorting out the issue then do let me know about it.

I think you will have to start with the key binding techniques. Where in you will get the option to use both the keys on the left side only and hence it will be easier for you while playing the game. One more method that I would like to add here is that you can make a macro and assign the same to the G key so that also can be a convenient option for you, do have a look at it as well. If you are able to press the left and the right key together then I would suggest you to bind the g key to the shift key and use it accordingly. So do try that and let me know if that works or not.

I would advice you to get your firmware upgrade done as soon as possible. I think that would be the best and the possible solution for you. So do try that and let me know if that works or not. I just happened to come across a link in the Logitech website where they are providing the link for the necessary firmware upgrade of the keyboard. So I suppose you all must have a look at the link and install the necessary firmware, that will be of much help for your keyboard. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

Yes, you are right I did have a look at the link and installed it. Let me tell you that it really works while I had done it last week hence I would advise you all to have a firmware upgrade done it will solve the issue. However one thing to note here is that this problem occurred due to the possible upgrade of the firmware only. They had released a update and on installing that update the keyboard started giving me problems with the different key combination's. I think it’s a newly released firmware upgrade and that does solves the problem. So do get your firmware upgrade done. I hope this was helpful for all of you.