Thread: Program Keyboard Function keys to Logitech G700 buttons

Program Keyboard Function keys to Logitech G700 buttons

I have been using the Logitech mouse and keyboard from the past several years in my computer from the time when I first bought it. This is the best product for extreme users like gamers. Recently I come to know about the new kind of mouse from Logitech and they are programmable Gaming mouse. I heard that we can program the mouse buttons to whichever options we want. So that now I would like to buy a new G700 mouse but there is question I want to ask about it before I actually buy. Is it really possible for me to program the F1 to F12 buttons so that I can use with G buttons of the mouse? I will be really appreciated if you offer me some information.

Re: Program Keyboard Function keys to Logitech G700 buttons

Logitech's new G700 wireless mouse specially aims MMO gamers, by means of 13 exactly located programmable buttons. It has 4 triggers lying on the left side plus a variety of buttons on the peak. Each key is able to be programmed toward a macro, keyboard input, otherwise a Windows function key i.e. F1 to F12. There are 3 modes; therefore precisely, each one button is able to be programmed within three dissimilar methods, ensuing in 39 dissimilar functions simply a mouse click away. (It's not fairly the WarMouse Meta, except it's at rest pretty remarkable.)

The Logitech G700 is an excellent gaming mouse. Going away from the G500′s 10 programmable buttons, the G700 provides 13 – 4 via the thumb, 3 through the forefinger, 3 intended for the scroll wheel, 1 beneath the scroll wheel, and obviously, the left as well as right buttons. It can scoot the pointer all along next to 165 in for each sec. So with this 13 buttons it is not hard for you to program the 12 Functions keys on the keyboard. If you cannot able set all the Function keys in 1 mode then you can group it and set it in different mode according to your needs.

I know that the Logitech has offered the 13 programmable buttons on the G700 but I don’t think that you can program 12 of them for Function keys. Some of the buttons in the mouse doesn’t match the process of Function keys. However I didn’t try it yet. The Logitech has promised that you can set keyboard controls to this mouse. What you need to do is, just download the Setpoint from Logitech. This is a driver as well as program to assign the mouse buttons for different task and for different applications along with different profiles. If the mouse it compatible for Function keys then you will obviously get an option there.

I don’t think that programming keyboard Function keys tasks to mouse buttons. However while gaming it may be possible and you should not need to do it manually. This is because, the setpoint program that is developed for G700 mouse will automatically detects game profile and automatically assigns options to the mouse according to your needs. Just make sure to place the game profile inside the Setpoint. For other applications it would be better if you still use the keyboard buttons.

The Logitech has offered its best for all of its G700 mouse customers or users. With the help of 13 programmable buttons we can simplify the work and our process. The mouse built mainly for gamers has offered the unique way to assign the mouse clicks to our own reason not for the default one. A Keyboard buttons, game pad buttons or any other keys options, now can be programmed to onboard memory of the G700 mouse. Functions keys are no longer left behind. These also can be assigned to mouse now.