Thread: Mac Pro ATX Conversion

Mac Pro ATX Conversion

Hello all fellow modders and enthusiasts. I have a Mac Pro case for free of charge that was "injured" and have decided to build it into an ATX computer case, because I think it is a cool seem case. I plan to move the parts I at present have into the Mac Pro case at what time done among the mod. Because I have a P6T Deluxe V2 and I am using SLI, I will be changing the case to ATX, with every 7 slots accessible for use. It looks like almost every other Mac Pro modders I have seen have been changes to MATX or are ATX, but do not permit multiple video cards. Expectantly the mod will be sole and turn out fine. Give your opinion.

Re: Mac Pro ATX Conversion

The unit is mounted on the apple tray and locks in place when the case is closed and latch. It Is only related to a usual SATA and SATA power wire currently. If I was motivated to do so, could change the block hot-swap connector to connect to a standard SATA port, instead of the Apple connector, and then have a hot swap bay. It is just a PITA to weld the SATA cables, therefore, I have not done. Perhaps at some point.

I am positive you can put the power supply in the lower front. This would have to figure out something different in terms of cooling, as this is where the intake fans are. I guess you could do that, but due to the card slots Mac Pro are even more in the case of the ports oi / that would end up with about a 1 / 2 "between the cuts in the case and the ports of computer motherboard. I hope this will help you.

There is some problem with the PSU in the lesser front. Not 100% confident on Mac Pro, but if not it is 2" deeper than the G5 case; I would imagine it has the similar difficulty. The PSU would not actually fit in the lower front. It has to overlap the motherboard through an inch or two, which mean it would, covers the RAM slots. The workaround is that there is sufficient gap down there if you increase the motherboard about 3", so the previous PCI slot is approximately against the pinnacle of the case.