Thread: Gigabyte 6870 graphic card won't work

Gigabyte 6870 graphic card won't work

Hello friend, I came across the serious problem with my computer. I desktop computer at my home. I have bought a Gigabyte 6870 graphic card today. Problem is that I am not getting any signal on the monitor when I connect. I have provided a good power supply what it requires. I have currently nforve 750a sli asus motherboard. Previously I had gigabyte 4850 graphic that was running perfectly. Any adice then let me know.

Re: Gigabyte 6870 graphic card won't work

Hello friend I have read your problem regarding the Gigabyte graphic card. From my point of view. You should make sure that Gigabyte 6780 graphic card is being detected by your system. For that right click on my computer the click on property then click on the device manager and see it appears or not. If not it means it is not properly installed. So go through it.

Hi friend, you have not properly placed into the PCI express slot. Please open up your case and make sure that you have placed it properly. If it is placed means there is problem in PCI express slot. So try to put your Gigabyte 6870 graphic card in another PCI slot and start your system and check whether it is being detected. Then install the driver Now you will able to get video on your screen.

If above two post does not help you to solve your problem. It means there may be problem in your Gigabyte 6870 graphic card. So try to put this card into another machine and make sure that whether it is working or not. If not please replace it immediately. It’s your bad luck that you got the dead graphic card. Let me know that your old graphic card is working on that that slot.

There may be chance that your display cable that comes from monitor to your machine is not functioning. So try your CPU in another display and make sure that you are getting display signal. Finally if it does not solve the problem it means that your motherboard does not support this graphic card. Do not forget to check your display cable pin. It may be bend or it may be bad. So go through all these steps