Thread: Logitech Webcam C510 Freezes laptop Windows 7

Logitech Webcam C510 Freezes laptop Windows 7

Hello friend, I got a problem with my webcame, I got a Logitech C510 webcame recently. Problem is that whenever I plug it in to my machine it freezes my system. It also freezes when I try to see the image or try to open the webcame software. My machine start working after sometime I can say it takes about 15 -20 minutes. Once it comes out from freezing it has no problem. I tried it on another laptop with me. It is working perfectly on that laptop. What could be the problem? Please give me advice to solve this problem.

re: Logitech Webcam C510 Freezes laptop Windows 7

Hello friend, I have read your problem regarding your Logitech C150 webcame. From my point of view there is problem in your USB port. It might not be working perfectly. Please try to plug it in another USB port. Or there could be the problem with your driver installed. This driver may not be working well. So try to download fresh driver from the internet. It should work in your case. Or there may be the problem with your OS also.

Hello friend, I tried this Logitech C510 webcame to another laptop with same configuration. It is working perfectly on that without any problem. I checked my all the USB port. All are working perfectly. I unplug it from one USB port to another but it does not make any difference. Still it freezes. Scenario is that when I unplug the webcame it become unfreezes. And I get my photo on computer. It means it is working but something is there which block it to work.

I think there is problem with your USB port only friend because as you said it works on other computer without any issue. Even you got the image on your laptop after you plugged out. Your USB is not supported with video streaming. To get the live video from video you need UVC stand for USB Video Class. That is not in your system. You should get checked to an engineer. Or should get a new USB post from the market and try.

Re: Logitech Webcam C510 Freezes laptop Windows 7

Chuma

I have same problem on a laptop HP Compaq 6715s 64 bit windows SP1
    webcam logitech C510 if work in skype and activate video cam, it freezes the laptop , if I unplug the webcam cabel no problem from usb 2.0
    older webcams have no problems to work ?

any solution out there , thanks in advance
    SOL812

Re: Logitech Webcam C510 Freezes laptop Windows 7

There can be two reason for the same. First either there is an old driver which is creating conflict in the operating system causing it to freeze. Second there is an hardware issue. The camera is damaged due to which your laptop cannot process your request. You can run a test by using a usb webcam and if that works then your cam has a issue. Try showing the same to service center for repair.