Thread: logitech C510 Software not compatible

logitech C510 Software not compatible

I bought a Logitech C510 HD webcam two day ago. Now, when I try to install the driver that came with it. I am getting problem. Whenever, I insert cd into the CDROM. I get an error saying that software is not compatible with your machine. This CD came webcame. So why I am getting error in installation. Is there any way to solve this problem if so please let me know. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: logitech C510 Software not compatible

Hi friend, I think there compatibility problem. Your operating system does not support the driver CD. So let me know that which operating system you are using right now. You two option either install the compatible driver from the internet if available. Otherwise read the system requirement in given instruction paper came with Webcame. And then install that operating system. Otherwise there may be other webcame driver installed in your machine uninstall that one.

Thank you, friend for giving your suggestion. I followed the instruction given by you. I visited the official web site of Logitech and downloaded the driver available for my webcame. But it still does not work for my case. I have windows 7 installed in my machine. All other devices connected to machine is working perfectly. If any other solution please let me know. Thanks in advance.

As you said you are using windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 automatically detect the device and installed the required driver. You don’t need to install the driver. So, have you ever tried to attach the Logitech webcame to your machine? If not please connect webcame to your machine let’s see does it work or not. I am sure it will work definitely. Still it is not working it means that windows 7 does not have driver for your webcame. So, the best way to solve this problem is that use windows XP in your system.

Thank you friend it was all operation system problem. Windows 7 does not allow me to run the windows XP driver. I tried to find the webcame driver for windows 7 but I could not find. So finally installed the windows XP operating system in my machine now I could install the driver for webcame. From now I would use windows XP because it supports most of the device. We can easily get update and software for it. But I am still looking for the driver of webcame for windows 7.