Thread: How often you should clean your CPU case

How often you should clean your CPU case

Recently I started opening the case and cleaning with compressed air and vacuum. The case itself was not much dirty, but the CPU fan was having a bizarre quantity of dust. I cleaned it out and clean the CPU and heatsink before re-apply some Arctic Silver. What a variation! Previously I was core 0 and 1 idle temps around 40-45 degrees of temperature. It is now expected around 31 and 21 degrees respectively. Not sure why they are not idle at the same temperature however. The GPU idles around 68 yet, but that does not seem dirty to begin with. Will usually vents vacuum cleaner when I do my weekly, but this is the first time I cleaned the inside of the box since I bought the motherboard / cpu / ram from a friend years ago. How often should I remove dust from inside the box? And how long I can go before they must re-apply the TIM?

Re: How often you should clean your CPU case

Cpu case has been intended for maximum ventilation which is problematic in this regard. Some things to consider, though -

1) cover the back of leakage around (and the CPU fan too).
    2) Run the top of 200 mm to a lower speed.
    3) Try to block its bays 5.25inches unused (not sure if the holes are covered or not).
    4) The low profile 120 mm fans intake side? (There are 20 mm fans, I'm not sure if that will suffice for the heat sink).
    5) Silverstone is a bay 3x5.25inch converter 120 mm fan if you are not using any of them. Although I think it would probably be more profitable for filters.

This is true, however, if you have negative pressure design (rather than the intake of exhaust), the replacement air will come through all the little cracks everywhere in the case (including body panels, including the drive bay covers, etc.) This dirty air is ensured. With a positive pressure design, at least most of the air inside the box comes from the fans for their consumption. Fans with some filters and is now clean air leaking out instead of dirty air in. I'm working on a mod at this point where I'm turning my case a positive pressure. Let's see if it makes any difference…As for cleaning my computer is usually on the floor without filters and gets really nasty.

My case is a 13 "x13" x18 "case of the cube. Consumption is 120 mm on the face side of motherboard and 2 exaust 90mm in the back of the hard drive / side ups. I have placed it on my side table. It is usually clear when I update something. I just added a three-channel manual Silverstone fan controller to control the 3 fans, and running at full speed and were very strong. My old Antec True Power Trio 650 fan had a connection to control the fans, but replacement of the newer model that has sent me fan headers so the fans ran at full power. After a year I decided to get to Silverstone, and that calmed the fans and probably will keep the filter from the machine and not, as it is not sucking air and dust as fast as in the case. Also, do not smoke in this room since the smoke is very unpleasant, especially when entering and your things.

I just utilize a handheld vacuum to suck dust from the footage on my 900. I'm pretty happy most of the dust collects there instead of inside. And the Scythe Ninja fins are far enough so that dust does not clog between them. All that really remains is the video card. I have used my 4890 for much long period yet, but I think you may have to ramp the fan only 100% and the whole dust will come out.

If dust affects your temps, then you must blow it outside. If that's not sufficient to re-apply the TIM, or else leave Tim alone. When it's dust, ejected. Eveyone in this forum lives in a different place some dusty, some not. I live near the road and smoke. The middle of my basement that is not my room is my laundry room and workshop, more dust. Could clean my case a week if retention. I'm not. When dust gets IMO…I use a jet of a compressor.

If positive pressure and filters on intake fans make a big difference. The Cosmos S, the front bezel are actually filters for the front intake fan / fans - I will use air pressure on them once or twice a week, I realize that convert light gray. Further than that, I'm on the case every few weeks for no matter what reason and but attempts to blow the dust that has accumulated is not usually much.