Thread: Logitech C905 webcam Microphone not working in Windows 7

Logitech C905 webcam Microphone not working in Windows 7

Recently I have bought the C905 webcam from Logitech. It is working fine with my system but the mic integrated in it not working anyhow. For that I have removed and re-installed in. After that my system keeps on showing the BSOD and crashes frequently. After this I have again went to the Logitech site and get the Lws210 - Logitech Webcam Software 2.10.1224.0 (ENU). I installed it in my computer, the Webcam installed but the mic still not working. Below is the detail of the product.
    • M/N: V-U0010
    • P/N: 860-000212
    • PID: LZ024SY

I hope somebody can help me.

Re: Logitech C905 webcam Microphone not working in Windows 7

The installation procedure of that webcam is not proper I think. Please carry out the subsequent steps with the intention of install the camera microphone within Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Class Mode:
    • Go to Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers section.
    • Highlight the Logitech Mic (Logitech C905).
    • Inside Device Manager Menu, choose Action -> Update driver.
    • Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and click Next.
    • Again select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install and move to Next.
    • Choose [Generic USB Audio] -> USB Audio Device -> Click Next.
    • After several minutes the device will install in your system and at last click Finish to End this.

I have had the similar trouble and in my case it seems to be the microphone input was no longer functioning. You can confirm this by utilizing the cam microphone with a different program and notice if it works. Disappointedly I don't know about Windows 7, as a result I can simply provide you how to verify this inside XP if you don't have a different program that makes use of the microphone. Inside the control panel you can beneath 'sounds, Speech and audio devices' and afterward choose 'Change the sound scheme' and next below the TAB 'Audio' you can test out the volume of your recording gadget. There you can verify if your mice is functioning.

It looks like that there are no audio units configured on the PC. You might utilize the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter plus make sure if it lists whichever errors. In favor of further information regarding how to release this troubleshooter inside Windows 7, visit Microsoft Web site. If your PC is having issues through a freshly installed gadget or additional hardware, seek utilizing the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to repair the trouble. It tests out for ordinary problems and ensures that whichever new device or hardware connected to your PC was installed properly.

It seems to me that your computer has only installed the Webcam drivers but it didn’t install its audio related drivers for the Microphone. When you install the Webcam first the computer installs the Video or cam related drivers. After this the windows will shows as it has detected an audio device or some kind of microphone. Then it will automatically install and configures Audio drivers. If this wasn’t happened in your computer then there is probably a issue with computer or audio components.

First of all you need to check in Control Panel> Devices & Printers>Webcam>Properties. There check under the audio devices. If you can see the Logitech webcam name then the mic is properly working and drivers have been installed properly. If it shows as unknown device then you can assume that either it is lacking with drivers otherwise the mic itself has malfunctioned. Anyhow, if you still not able to find a solution then use any external Mic, until your find the solution for this issue. I hope that you got my point very well. Also check the Audio input and output settings in your Windows 7.