Thread: Additional buttons on Logitech G700 mouse not working

Additional buttons on Logitech G700 mouse not working

Logitech is my favorite brand for most of the peripherals in my gaming computer. Yesterday I have bought the newest G700 mouse from Logitech. I have installed the Setpoint for that mouse. When I play the any game the mouse and all its extra buttons work properly but when I started playing Diablo 2, then mouse only works for Scroll key. Other than this there is no action witl other buttons. I would like to assign different actions or skills for those different buttons but I couldn’t find any option for this either in game or in computer or in Setpoint. Can anybody tell me how can I set it?

Re: Additional buttons on Logitech G700 mouse not working

If your mouse was man-made by finest mouse producers similar to Microsoft, Logitech, etc, it approximately definite came through driver software to permit you to modify your mouse’s buttons and get benefit of your mouse’s particular features. Microsoft, such as, offers driver software named IntelliPoint , whereas Logitech offers SetPoint. It’s probable that your mouse has several additional buttons except doesn’t come among its individual driver software. But still you can make use of a free product named X-Mouse Button Control. It offers a truthfully astonishing selection of mouse arrangement preferences, counting conveying skills to buttons on a per-application base.

One of the mainly dominant characteristic features of X-Mouse Button Control is the capability to allocate processes to buttons for any individual apps whether it may be a game or any high end software. This indicates that if we have a picky program release, at that time mouse will act in a different way – mouse buttons will carry out dissimilar effects. For instance, while we have Windows Media Player running, We can assign any buttons for different task like Play, pause, stop, forward, backward, close etc.

I have been using 2 good programs depending upon my needs. You can assign the buttons for different task with Xbindkeys and xmacro. These are especially for Linux platform. I think that some of you might have been hearing this for the first time. xbindkeys is a program that permits you to open shell commands through your keyboard otherwise your mouse beneath X Window. It associates commands to keys otherwise mouse buttons, by the use of a configuration file. It's self-determining of the window manager and is capable to confine each and every one keyboard keys.

If you are using the Windows operating system then you better be use Windows compatible program offered from Microsoft. Microsoft IntelliPoint is the driver designed for Microsoft's IntelliMouse sequence of different type mice. Now this program is available in both versions for Mac and Windows. IntelliPoint supports each and every one of recognized Microsoft mice, in addition to common 3/5-button mice. On the other hand, sophisticated features might barely be obtainable on definite models.

I can’t believe that you are getting issue with the Logitech mouse and in that also a G700 gaming mouse. I thought that the Logitech brand mouse and keyboard are the best in the World alongside Microsoft’s one. The Logitech setpoint utility is the complete answer for all of your mouse related issue. You can arrange or configure your mouse in any manner. The setpoint will give you full control over any Logitech mouse.