Thread: VPU is freezing my computer

VPU is freezing my computer

Hey, I recently (last day) finished building my new computer. I'm not the smartest person when it comes to computer terminology, but I'm sure I put everything together right. When I installed Windows XP, everything went well. Then I booted my computer, and after a while, just froze. I rebooted, and again after a while, just froze. I have lasted a while on my computer without freezing but it really bothers me. A couple of times it froze but I received a message from my video card (ATI Radeon X800GTO), saying it has restarted my VPU then everything is fine until a while then freezes again and it doesn't automatically resets VPU. This must be some kind of problem with the video card, but really have no idea. Can you provide me some suggestion?

Re: VPU is freezing my computer

I think that the problem which you are facing is due to the video card. It is possible that it is not compatible with your computer and that is why it is showing you the issues like this. So check for the compatibility and if that is compatible with the system then that may not be fitted into the motherboard properly. So check for the connection as well. There may be many other possible reasons for this but it is the most basic thing to it that you need to check. I hope that this will help you.

The point to reboot the VPU is an ATI VPU recovery tool will work to restore desktop. This shows that the board is doing what it is supposed to be. I suspect a bad DIMM possible if you have installed more than would the system crashes or you need a BIOS update. Out dated BIOS can also be a good reason for this issue and that can cause the major issues like this. So search for the latest BIOS update on the internet and then install it on your computer. I have seen some of the issues like this where installing the BIOS update solves the problem and I wish that it will do the same for you as well.

What motherboard and CPU are you having in your computer? Problems and advice when a new building is built is to update the BIOS. Recently, when I was reinstalling Windows on a drive due to drive failure errors was seen that the unit was not a problem there. Just when you reached the locked desktop all solid and when backing up the memory timings down a notch system suddenly ran as if nothing had happened. The old board was the issue despite seeing some 573 errors when testing the memory in use in new construction with 0% errors seen there. It could be something too overheating.

You would have asked for XP drivers when the initial installation is carried out. If you simply decided to wait but a quick look at the Device Manager allow you to see if there is any yellow mark on anything there. You simply choose the automatic search of a Windows Update to see if you need download the XP database. The main facility on the CD is to see the drivers put in as well. The SMBus is abbreviation of the Management System. CD drivers on board not to be named individually for what they are. Windows will id when the disk is looking for when choosing the manual method to search the disk. You navigate to the folder of XP or 2000 driver, Windows XP folder.

Just remember the games are software. If you are running something in the back driver causing a crash of some kind of exchange of cards may be useless. Ensure that the correct drivers or are in the elimination of current for a fresh update can often correct some problems. Everyone is quick to blame when blocking card games. Any software can see the problems when trying to access memory addresses reserved. Something running in the background may have DIB in the same directions for a game.