Thread: Windows 7: Middle button of mouse stop working after installing

Windows 7: Middle button of mouse stop working after installing

I often make use of the middle mouse button to paste in my Thinkpad to the shift in web browsers. I just installed Windows 7 on my computer. My problem is that after installing Windows 7, the mouse began to exhibit strange behavior. Many times just stops working. Many times it get clicked automatically. Sometimes, it began to behave like back button. Can you guys tell me what will be the possible reason? Please help me and reply as soon as possible.

Re: Windows 7: Middle button of mouse stop working after installing

Hey do not worry about this issue regarding this I have solution and I am sure that it will going to help you. So just to fix this you have to follow the steps which are given below. While I was going through this so I have did this and it fix my issue. In this you set the Wheel Detection Option.
    1. In this you have to tick on to the Start, type run, and then tick Run.
    2. After that in the open box you just type the main.cpl, and after that tick OK.
    3. Tick the Hardware tab, tick every Mouse item, and then tick Properties.
    4. Tick the Advanced Settings tab, and after that tick Assume wheel is present in the Wheel Detection list.

It is possible that the problem is with the mouse which you are making use of. You are able to try to make use of another mouse on your system and it works well then the trouble is with the mouse and it is not with the OS. Once confirmed that the problem is along with the mouse or the operating system, then move on to the solution accordingly. If the mouse then you're better than just changing the mouse with a new one. Thanks.

Check if that is happen to the specific browser or it is with the whole browser. If It is with the other browsers also then there may be some other problem, but if it is with a specific browser, then the problem is with the browser and have to change either the browser or install the browser again and this substitution will all files which are damaged by you and because of that this kind of issue arises.

If the driver installed on your computer for the mouse is damaged or not working properly, then you too can receive the case of this nature. So my suggestion to you is to remove the driver currently installed on your computer and install again. If you are unable to solve the problem for you, then this is fine but if they find that it is behaving the same then you can download the latest driver available for this facility and that in their system. This will definitely resolve the question of whether this is related to the driver.

There may be some problem with the USB port which is used to connect the mouse to the computer. You can try to use a different port and see if we can solve the problem for you. Along with this you can try to update the driver for the USB ports also to ensure that the problem with USB ports. The last thing you can try if it helps you install the operating system and serves to secure the operating system problem.