Thread: Microsoft Wireless Mouse Nano receiver gets overheat and malfunctioned

Microsoft Wireless Mouse Nano receiver gets overheat and malfunctioned

I bought the Microsoft wireless mouse 4000 because I heard it is the best in its class. I don’t know what happened yesterday, suddenly the receiver stops responding. Later I found that it is due to the cause of short circuit. I how could be possible. When I looked into the receiver I found that it is overheated. Now I can’t replace it any manner. Could I get the same issue if I buy another set? I am looking for a mouse for rough use and rough surfaces. The other option for me is Logitech. But anyhow I am looking forward for whether the Microsoft will replace the transceiver or not. Do they solve the overheating in such devices? I hope that someone will get this point if they are looking forward for such a product.
    Last edited by @bLERINA@; 07-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Re: Microsoft Wireless Mouse Nano receiver gets overheat and malfunctioned

As far as I know the transceiver of the mouse will not going to overheat at all. Because it is designed to for rough usage. The desktop version of mouse transceiver didn’t get fault that easy as far as I know. I never heard such issues before. I case if you are looking forward for replacement then it is possible only if it is the original product and have the service warranty. Duplicate product will not be considered for replacement or any kind of service. So make sure that you have bought the mouse form the authorized retailer.

As far as I know the Microsoft wireless mouse 4000 contain a nano receiver and it is very sensitive in terms of power. If it gets high power than the limit then surely the transceiver will malfunction. Overheating also disables the transceiver. In that case you need to replace it anyhow. You might not know that the most USB device connection to USB port will get hot or overheats quickly. USB specs specify that USB is providing power over the port. There is an only one way in order of limiting the receiver of overheating. You can use a USB "extension" cable.

How do you know that the mouse nano receiver has been failed? Did you check the mouse properly? Did you change the battery of mouse? Can you use the power saver option for USB device to control the power so that the nano receiver will not overheat when the system is in idle state? I think there might be some possible settings in advance power settings in windows to manage this.

If you are looking for replacement then I urge you to Logitech V450 nano cordless laser mouse.It has the smallest wireless that actually does just fix out a mere quarter inch. Power switch is located on the bottom of the mouse. If you do want to take away the receiver, there is a place within the battery lid to store it. It has the powerful 2.4 GHz wireless so that it can accessible throughout the room.

have the same mouse and it did the same thing. the mouse its self is fine but receiver no good over heats and sets usb error

Quote Originally Posted by mouseabc View Post
    have the same mouse and it did the same thing. the mouse its self is fine but receiver no good over heats and sets usb error
    One thing I would like to note that most USB device connection to USB port will get hot. USB specs indicate that USB is provide power over the port. There seems to be only one method of limiting the receiver of over heating: Use a USB "extension" cable. The USB extension cable USB A plug should be the plug that will head up, thus "saving" your receiver.