Thread: How do i switch on SATA AHCI mode on PR210

How do i switch on SATA AHCI mode on PR210

I have a problem with hard disk performance slow in PR210. The reason for this is hard to work in compatibility mode IDE instead of AHCI SATA Native mode. The system boots very slow on any operating system (XP, Vista, Ubuntu). I tried all the drivers i found no difference. The system is even slower to load the boot loader. Latest BIOS does not provide a capability to switch between SATA modes. So what should I do?

Re: How do i switch on SATA AHCI mode on PR210

Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) will not do it faster. If your hard drive is extremely slow, probably broken. Test your hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic utilities. Others put your ear close to it, does strange clicking sounds? If you do, you have to try to know a good disk. I tried another shop PR210 (same configuration with the same hard drive) - it was very slow. I searched Google and found that ATI SB600 IDE emulation is very slow, so I'm sure that native AHCI fix the slowness of the PR210. The hard drive is fine, I have tested with HDTune - speed is up to 58 MB / s. And yes, there are no clicks!

Sata is fast, no matter what mode you use. Heck, your hard drive is making two times faster than mine.
    Sorry, cannot be the driver. Something that is causing the slowdown, but I doubt that is the SATA mode. Compatibility mode is not slower or faster than AHCI, do the same, only lacking a few options? Maybe you should give some details about the hardware operating system, and such the amount of RAM, for example? What CPU is it? Slowness has many causes, but I doubt much of your hard drive or SATA mode is the cause. My hard drive, IDE 25MB/sec normal but everything is incredibly fast. Yours is twice the speed. Yes HTTune also measured.

Yes, we are mainly talking about hibernation, as I always use my laptop. XP takes 60 seconds to restore from hibernation - that's a long time! Your 17 seconds are very nice; I had almost the same result in the S271. But no PR210 on the resumption of hibernation due to stop reading the hard disk. I do not understand why. After loading, the system works fast enough.

Your hard disk is running two times faster than mine. However, I have only 512 MB of RAM, has 2 GB, so if you open a lot of programs that will take a lot longer. In Vista security, but should be longer in XP as XP uses less resources total. Hibernate means that it takes a "screen" of the memory in use so the more memory the longer takes. Else try to reboot, without starting the system from hibernation, fresh, sometimes fix things touched Vista XP.I way it is used again.

My old MSI S271 has 2 GB of RAM and resume like his, from 15 to 17 seconds. The difference when I upgraded the RAM to hibernate it will start slow, but the resume was fast, 15-17 seconds no more! Vista load only parts of RAM used, is something like 500 megabytes. Assuming the hard drive speed is 48 mb / s, read 500 mbs should take 10 seconds. BIOS + 10 seconds, it gives us something like 15 to 17 seconds we have in S271. But MSI PR210 which have much slower disk read when resuming from hibernation.

I spent the morning talking about the MSI Europe problem. It s not a hardware problem, trust me, if that's what I'd tell you me. Also tried another shop and did the same, whether it was hardware and more people are informed about the forum to see hundreds of people complain about the same. So now you're the only one. Hibernate may be slow, just Google for it, this happens on a different systems. How normal boot?