Thread: Computer restarts every time I plug devices on newly attached USB PCI card

Computer restarts every time I plug devices on newly attached USB PCI card

I have been having troubles through my USB PCI card which I bought after my onboard USB port was completed. Every time I connect the following devices: camera, wireless broadband, phone, iPod, outer hard drive. My computer restarts. I tried booting in safe mode and it doesn't seem to happen. However, when I try to connect other devices such as keyboard, flash drive, mouse, and then that doesn't reboot. I do not know what seems to be the problem.

Re: Computer restarts every time I plug devices on newly attached USB PCI card

Well, you can connect the new devices that draw power may be too much for the PCU, although it can work in safe mode would suggest that's not it. Can you take a look at the part of your CPU in your box and read the brand and power, provided this does not invalidate the warranty? You can also try downloading and running HWM Black Box and see the tension in the system tab and let us know the results. I hope it will help you.

If you connect a USB hub with its own independent power source, then if it fails is unlikely to be the power and the kingdom to find out what is wrong with your USB hub? Are your motherboard or USB PCI cards or a mixture of both and emit cause? Some processor specifics would also be useful for diagnosis? First you check it then reply me your result if your problem solves then it is fine otherwise we talk about other possibilities.

I thought I might be able too, but after booting in safe mode and I ran twice. Also, my machine will not let me boot normally as long as the device is connected yet. In this case, I've been testing on my mobile broadband because it is the cheapest and do not want to risk breaking my camera, external drive, iPod, and phone. Between, I experienced a couple of reboots while connecting the PCI card USB card. But I learned that the problem was caused USB function disabled in the BIOS. After it was smooth sailing until this. I checked my power supply. But if I remember correctly is nearly 350W, which I think is properly low. What happens if I try to connect a USB hub with its own power supply do you think would work? However I will double my power supply and try Black box HWM and see.

As a black box you may need to install .NET Framework to get started? USB is the problem unless I'm missing something obvious the problem is similar to a railroad 5v not suspect a hardware problem on the motherboard and USB and power management, or possibly the only lane 5V power meter we need to verify? If you cannot get black box work then try downloading and running the fan speed and publish 4.42 tensions here, trying to add and remove external devices when running to see if we see a voltage drop? (If it does not crash) also has a very old PC specifications and if not money is a big difficulty over time could be better spent upgrading to a fresh system?