Thread: Which one of them are better HP ZR24W, G245H and U2311H

Which one of them are better HP ZR24W, G245H and U2311H

I am planning to get a new monitor as my old one is giving me a lot of trouble. So for that I browsed a lot so see which one of them is better and then I short listed three of them. They are HP ZR24W, Acer G245H and Dell U2311H.Now all three has their highs and lows and hence I am very confused on which one to buy. I am going to use it for gaming purpose along with browsing, office and coding purpose. I would like to go for the HP ZR24W but I am not very sure about it. So please let me know which one of them would be better so that I can but then without any hesitation.

Re: Which one of them are better HP ZR24W, G245H and U2311H

I would like to tell you some point about all three. Starting with the Acer G245H it’s inexpensive and has great colors, black levels and contrast. It also has a great response time along with the input lag. But the drawback would be that it has not good viewing angles. Now to talk about Dell U2311H it’s rather expensive as compared to Acer G245H. Even it has great colors, black levels and contrast. It also has a great response time along with the input lag. But over here the negative point us that it has poor QC.I don’t have much idea about HP ZR24W.But to choose between this two I would suggest you to go for the Acer G245H as it doesn’t have much difference as compared to the Dell U2311H and it is also inexpensive.

Talking the previous solution ahead I would tell you that you should go for the HP ZR24W.If you look it cost wise then it’s a little expensive but it’s worthy enough to buy. It has great colors as compared to other two. Also it has good black levels and contrast to go along with it. If you consider the response time and good input lag then they too are quite healthy. The IPS viewing angles are great and more importantly it is 1920x1200.So I would suggest you to surely go for the HP ZR24W.

I had recently got an U2311h and I am already facing from some kind of a tinting at some places. But if you ask me then apart from this there are no other issues with it. It’s also a lot better if you are looking for something that protects your eyes well. I think that many people are expecting a lot from the IPS. I feel that there are sometimes slight unbalances in the coloring, but that's what calibration is for. So I would even suggest you to go for the Dell U2311h without any problem.

I have a HP ZR24w but am considering upgrading to Dell's U2711.I got the HP ZR24w and it came in perfect condition. There was not even a single problem arising in it. There were no dead pixels or anything like that present when it first came. Even now I don’t have many issues with it but there is just a single issue that is bothering me. The issue is of pixel pitch. There have been some pixel pitches that come up sometimes and that makes the text look like something different on screen. So rather I would suggest you that you should go for HP ZR24w as it’s very good but you just need to be aware of the pixel pitches.

Thank you for the solutions that were provided. It has given me a lot of information and I feel that I am now a lot clear on which one to go for. The details provided for all the three monitors were very useful. Looking at all the three and also looking at the solutions I feel that I should go for HP ZR24w. I am looking for 1920x1200 monitor and that criteria fits for the HP ZR24w.Also the IPS viewing angles are good. So in general the HP ZR24w would be a wise choice. I would like to once again thank you for your solutions.