Thread: Computer does not boot after being connected with the new displayport cable

Computer does not boot after being connected with the new displayport cable

I just recently brought a new displayport cable and when I started connecting it to the monitor the system could not boot. I noticed that the fan is running at a very high speed. Long beeps can also be heard at around 25/26. I think that can be some problem with the graphic card as well as the monitor also. So I want you all to help me in this particular problem. I don’t know which solutions should I carry out so that I can get my problem solved. So any of you all who can help me in this situation then do reply as early as possible.

Re: Computer does not boot after being connected with the new displayport cable

I think that problem is with the displayport cable and I think it will be good if you can get it replaced. If you have brought this from any of the online website then it is better that you email them and ask for a replacement. So do try the method that I have suggested here. It is always advisable to get a displayport cable from a trusted vendor who deals with such products. I think so you have not done that so that is why I am asking you to get it replaced as early as possible.

I have purchased many of the hardware items from the online websites that sells this particular items. Before you carry on with the replacement process it si always necessary that you have a good look over the system itself. Check if you have an updated bios, if you have not then do update it. flashing it may also help. So it is always advisable to have a check with the internal system and see if anything has gone wrong. So do carry on the suggestion and get back to me if you are able to get some solutions.

Well I am one of the user who is having some questions regarding the display port cable. Well I needed to know that what is the length of the cable that is required for the displayport? Do you have any idea regarding this particular topic. I tried looking at the various websites and finally when I came across this forum I happened to bounce on this topic. The topic was the same so that’s why i thought of getting my doubts cleared out here. So anyone having any sound knowledge on this topic then do let me know about it.

You have done a good thing by asking the question here. I would be happy to answer your question. You were talking about the maximum length of the data cable. The data cable I think has around 15 meters maximum length. This maximum length is only for the video transmission. The resolution of the video at least 1920×1080p60 at 24 bpp. The cables are either made of copper or optical fibre. For full bandwith transmission the maximum size is 3 meters. So I hope you have got the necessary information here.

I would advise you to go with the Monoprice ATX Power Supply Extension Cable. Even I had the same problem some time back and having got this cable did solve my problem. I think you have not mentioned the name of the display port cable in the question. So that’s why I am advisng you to go with the monoprice cable. Trust me it’s a good cable and I am quite sure that it will bring you the desired result. So if you are thinking to go with the replacement then make sure that you inform the dealer about the particular product. So I hope you are clear with all the suggestions.

Everything is perfect now. Listen everyone I got the desired solution for my problem. The solution was simple and that was to get it replaced. I did call up the dealer and informed him about the problem and he agreed to get it replaced. So after some days I did get a replacement and after connecting that cable to the existing monitor it started running again very smoothly. I was really happy with all your suggestions. So thanks everyone for all the help that you have given here.