Thread: Unable to display 24p on 120Hz monitors

Unable to display 24p on 120Hz monitors

I have a home theatre PC (HTPC) which is feeding at 24HZ and it sends signals to the stereo and LCT TV in one room which is followed by LCD TV in another room and also to a stereo and PC monitor in the study room. Now everything is fine when running at 50Hz or 60Hz. I can watch the movie on any display and everything is just fine. Now the problem is that the monitor in study room is an old BenQ with 120 HZ. So the problem is that when I try to use it, it does not display 24p and so I just get a no input screen. This is done for the purpose of watching blueray.So I am unable to display 24p on 120 Hz monitor.

Re: Unable to display 24p on 120Hz monitors

I think that you just don’t need a 120 HZ display to study. You can use a 60 Hz and the blue ray would work fine. The other thing is that it's not a 120Hz input on your 120Hz TV. 120Hz TV's and 120Hz monitors are completely two different things. 120Hz TVs has more to do with processing, and the 120Hz monitors actually take a 120Hz input from a computer. So I would tell you to use 60HZ.So I think that for your study purpose there is no need if a 120HZ monitor.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had a look at your solution and I feel bad to tell you that I am not ready to do that. I am not prepared because the frame rate just fluctuates more and then I feel that it hampers the purpose of having Blu Rays in 24p. I get noticeable changes in the frames every now and then when watching at 60Hz. 24p is perfect, but cannot be displayed on my current computer monitor.I get noticeable jumps in the frames every now and then when watching at 60Hz. 24p is alright but cannot be displayed on my current computer monitor. So can you just tell me any other solution for this?

According to me using 60 HZ with blu ray content has no point but it is required for many other computer monitors. By running it at 24p you also run it at the proper frame rate of the movie content. It also helps in removing out a lot of faults and transitions .It sometimes also helps say an LCD while lacking with the ability to handle faster motions scenes. So I would rather advise you that if you really want proper 24p support buy a smaller 32 inch 120 hz LCD TV that already supportive and stop buying smaller LCD computer monitors. It will surely help you to get better quality and the support you are seeking.

I think that the solution provided is correct. I need to get a smaller 32 inch 120 hz LCD TV that already supportive. I suppose that it would be correct. However I would have avoided doing it because the TVs are so much more expensive than the monitors. But still is there any monitors that will display the 24p image. Actually I just want it for functionality and not much for the quality purpose. But if I don’t have any option then I may have to go with the smaller 32 inch 120 hz LCD TV. So I would like to once again thank you for your solutions.