Thread: Suffering from constant crash on desktop while playing BFBC2

Suffering from constant crash on desktop while playing BFBC2

I have two AMD Radeon 6870's along with a Phenom 2 x6 CPU.I thought that I would be easily be able to run the battlefield bad company 2. However for some reason I have been running into more and more driver crashed constantly as I play the game. And today another thing occurred .While I was playing the screen went black and stayed the same for a long time. I don’t know what the issue us. But I am getting really frustrated as I can’t play the game properly. Please if anyone knows the solution for this then help me out.

Re: Suffering from constant crash on desktop while playing BFBC2

I think that the black screen is because of the game itself. I had the same issue with my old nvidia card .I had the same screen problem that you are facing and was getting this random black screen again and again. I tried to change my character but that didn’t help either. I think that you need to check the graphic card that you are using. I guess that there might be some issues in it that is causing the problem. I think that it will help you to fix the problem.

Even I was facing the same issue. I had a Q6699 which was running at 3.42GHZ and along with that I had two 5770 to go with it. And then the same problem occurred. I think that if there is anything higher that the 10.5 a then the battlefield bad company 2 gives problem. After that the desktop crashed and the screen turns black and the crossfire doesn’t work at all. But after that I tried using the 10.9 and the 10.8 driver series. Once I started using it I got faster frame rates with crossfire disabled. And then everything was just back to normal.

Looking at your problem I feel that there is one more solution to this issue. What you need to do is that you need to disable the crossfire. Actually you need to install the tray tool. It should be followed by the uninstallation of ATI CCC. Then you need to change the Catalyst AI. This should be done by using a tray tool. It should be used from low to high and not vice versa. Follow this steps and I am sure that this will surely help you to get away with the problem.

Thank you for providing me so many options to fix my problem. I worked on them and now all is fine with me. I started by disabling the crossfire and that helped me a lot. But was not that much sure that whether I can rollback the drivers. Also I got the tray tool and then uninstalled the ATI CCC. And then I just changed the Catalyst AI. Thus this is how I got away with the problem. I would like to thank you for providing me with the solution and for helping me to fix the issue.