Thread: Unable to install AMD Catalyst driver 10.12a

Unable to install AMD Catalyst driver 10.12a

I am in problem and I am very confused on what I need to do with the AMD Catalyst driver 10.12a.I have a major problem with the installation if 10.12 a driver. I tried various things but nothing worked for me. I also tried to uninstall it and also tried to clean all the registry entries .Whenever I try to install 10.12 or 10.12a in GPU-Z or in the ATI CCC it shows the driver version as 10.11.So does anyone knows the solution to my problem. If anyone knows then do get back to me.

Re: Unable to install AMD Catalyst driver 10.12a

I had a similar problem and I feel that you just need to follow some simple steps to get away with this problem. I think that you must have gone somewhere wrong in the process of un installation. Because I feel that it should work. Everyone knows that the Windows needs to be clan installed before you update a video card drive. I did the same thing and it worked for me. So I feel that you just need to do a clean installation to get your job done. I am sure that it will definitely work for you.

Thank you for your immediate reply. I haven’t tried your solution yet but probably I may have gone wrong somewhere in that process. The issue is that every time I try to load 10.12 or 10.12a it also installs the old version of CCC. When I checked the CCC information center I saw that the driver packaging version was different. I got the 10.12 and 10.12a from AMDs site. So I feel that there is something weird. But I’ll definitely try with the solution that you have provided.

For me I think that the issue is because of the drivers. What you need to do is that you need to clear the drivers completely. All the things in the driver should be flushed and should be cleared completely. The other thing that might be causing the problem is that you need to do some registry traces and check out that are left behind or not. There are this registry files that need to be manually removed. Check out with this two possibilities and I am sue the one will work for you. After that you can install your AMD Catalyst driver 10.12a without any problem.

I think that the solution provided earlier that you need to clear the drivers and also remove the registry files are right and this is the way I used to follow previously. But I think that there is some problem with the latest release. I tried using the same approach but it didn’t work for me. I had some problem with the CCC profiles. Whenever I restart my computer the CCC resets to default and I had to load each profile. But I feel that I need to remove registry files manually. It is the proper solution to fix this problem.