Thread: 3.5mm analog connection vs SPDIF?

3.5mm analog connection vs SPDIF?

I say sorry in advance, but I'd like to ask a pretty common question that I haven't been able to get correctly answered by my Google results:What are the merits and demerits between having a computer linked to a home theater receiver via the 3.5mm analog connections, if compared with running the sound via SPDIF? Please elaborate it in detail, so that I need not ask you question again , I will be very grateful ?

Re: 3.5mm analog connection vs SPDIF?

Well I am not sure whether this will resolve your issue but I can say that years upon years ago the older one was being used , will exaond your question a bit so that ny query can also get responded along with yours , I got my first home theatre receiver, a JVC RX-7030VBK, and I stated it first-class. It wasn't connected to my PC, just my dvd player at the time. though, a few years ago I moved to a slighter space and got myself a new PC. The applicable hardware to our discussion is that it had an ASUS Striker Extreme system board that came along with the system board thatc had came with a Soundmax ADI 1988B soundcard. I decided to make better utilization of the smaller space and hooked the PC up to the receiver for sound. I went with the straightforward connector resolution and used a digital coax cable to go from the PC to the receiver. Looking back at forum posts, I should have just missed some dreadful driver trouble, since I got surround sound just fine from games and movies similar. by the way, the Soundmax was set to encode into DTS and send that to the receiver.

In this context analog is solitary channel. Well that totally relies where the DAC processing takes place and which device has superior DAC. If you have a high-quality sound card, yes by all resources go ahead and make use of the analog outs to provide for your receiver or else always feed the SPDIF to your receiver as far as associations go, the rest of the issues are then lessened playing with settings on each device end (Soundcard or receiver). Not certain if I answered your query.

I think analog only does carry two channels, which is for the reason that when I actually mean multichannel analog, I am pointing to the multiple 3.5mm ports on the rear of most soundcards these days. There is actually a color combination , Green is actually for forward left/right, and then the black for rear left/right, and there will be also ayellow colored for center/subwoofer. For every of those connections, the 3.5mm end of the wire goes into the PC, while the other end, which has the red/white RCA connectors, goes into the suitable ports on the recipient. If you go to this of the appropriate website of your maker and scroll down to "attach and configure surround sound if you are looking for multichannel analog" you'll notice the two diagrams of what I'm referring to.