Thread: Quick keys/volume control keys of Dell Wireless keyboard became inoperative

Quick keys/volume control keys of Dell Wireless keyboard became inoperative

I have got a Dell branded system in my house after a few time, I mean to say a span of 3 years, my [Dell model RT7D40] Wireless keyboard ''quick keys/volume control'' came out to be inoperative. Now this is on both of my drives and similar pc'' that contains Windows XP Home Service pack 3 on them plus similar version numbers on the operating system disk too , please help me out to sort this hardware issue .

Re: Quick keys/volume control keys of Dell Wireless keyboard became inoperative

I had faced the similar sort of issue , so please check out if your issue matches with mine , I did not actually know that know if my issue is related to Windows Updates either. Other than this, my keyboard and mouse function well I had actually uninstalled and reinstalled , and for that purpose I had used the drivers from my Dell Resource CD and chose the [NMB Wireless Mozart Drivers] as I always did in the history [and was guided to do so by Dell] while reinstalling Windows or just the keyboard only .

Well if you ask me I had faced the same issue as ell on XP with but my brand was a bit different wireless keyboard. This might also work for you or else what you can do is you can go to service if you do not know how to ( control panel, you will find administrative tools, services) and make it certain the HID Input Services is assigned to Automatic. Start the service. I observe that when I start my system and press on the volume keys it takes around 15 or so seconds to load, but it will load.

As you said I had followed I found I really don't have to make use of the drivers off my resource cd. My kb must be fine with usual windows drivers. In addition, I called Dell and they have no clue as of how to fix the problem and I've searched a long time on the net and found nothing on how to resolve this issue; just a lot of people with the similar problem, whether it was home users or the business end. Now, evidently Logitech makes or made this kb for Dell. Can't locate anything on Logitech's site on this kb model either.